Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 14.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an odd scenario a couple hours ago. I'm using FW 14.00 with AxeEdit 1.06.11, and I built a quick preset with the new Plexi 6CA7, and a couple of IRs. I was getting absolutely no sound out of the AxeFXIII, even though the internal meters for the blocks displayed sound from Input to Output. I mainly wanted to bring this up, just in case it isn't a one time event, and others are experiencing the same or similar. I rebooted my AxeFX and AE, and that preset was still silent. I tried on another blank preset, and with just Input1 and Output1 connected, got sound out. I deleted the amp and cab blocks in the problematic preset, and still no sound. Cleared the preset, and started again, with the usual expected results. Hope this might help someone along the line. Cheers, Lee
Report as a bug since Burgs conformed he had the same issue

Liking the firmware update (of course). It feels 'cleaner', like the gain is out of the way. Or another way to describe it as there seems to be less gain or left over sloppiness on my part in between things. I don't know how to use my big boy words yet. Also, stacking boosts seems less noisy.

Using a very heavy pick already, and the PU height is adjusted per Jim Wagner (WCR Pickups) recommendation: about a nickel below the strings at the 1st, a bit more at 6th when fretted at the last fret.

roll back the High Treble, I have to do that on which ever Amp I use, then use the treble, presence etc..as normal. Rolling back the high treble gets rid of the ‘ice-pick’ for me...try it. 👍

Remember the other day when you asked me what the definition of "irony" was?:p

Surprisingly predictable from the big cheese :veryconfused: OK, let's completely derail this thread then, from 1 to 10 how much of a shit you give about which code people know or have used or looked up on wiki, or what they were doing in 1971? I'll start, 0 and 1 :wink:

Any thoughts on the reworked JMP Pre block? I haven't updated to 14 yet, and that block is a large part of my job :)

I just downloaded the update and when i switched from stock preset 181 to 182 (DynamoFlanger) I got a ton of high pitched static at a very increased volume that required me to turn off the AX3 and power back on. When I did the issue resolved and wasn't repeatable. I will say that if I wasn't already awake, I am now!

• Haha
Reactions: jon
Any thoughts on the reworked JMP Pre block? I haven't updated to 14 yet, and that block is a large part of my job :)
I also use those JMP1 Preamp-models. There is clearly more gain now available in v14 and might be related to that, the bass department feels fuller.

I skipped the new "Preset leveler"... just a great feature into AE.
otherwise the modified amps algos and new plexi are just excellent...as usual fo each new FW ;) 🤘

Just checking out Firmware 14.00 and found when turning up the cathode follower compression level to any level other than zero causes my FC 1 expression pedal to generate a squealing noise when pedal movement occurs. The pedal is only controlling a Volume block and Cab level. Anyone have any idea of what is happening here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom