Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 14.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turbo or Borland Pascal, anyone? Those were tools of the day when the JCM800 was the latest and greatest: I'm glad the JCM800 doesn't seem old or arcane.

Houston....I got a problem. I was enjoying Firmware 14 and just going through some amps when I came across something a little strange. The JVM amp is acting weird, like a tube is blown or going bad. At first I thought the battery on my guitar was going out, so I switched guitars and same deal happening. What's happening is that when I play notes on the second string at the 9, 10, 11, 12th frets the output of the axe-fx cuts out for a second. can someone try this preset to confirm this glitch? And YES I know that I have the preamp gain cranked. I did it because it further exaggerates the issue.
Did you report this as a bug if not you should.

Nice jam!

I really do wonder about my setup. I try presets like these (was able to get the settings off the vid, and the right IR), and it is SOOOOO bright on my studio monitors, using my PRS Cu24 with a WCR Godwood bridge pickup. Brutal. If I roll the tone knob off to about 3, I can tolerate it, but otherwise it is just shrill. Only thing I couldn't see from the vid was where the highs are rolled off on the cab IR, so I'm betting you just leave it stock at 20k.

I also noticed I had to turn the input drive down relative to this video to get something other than just fuzz, and this isn't a really hot pickup. Maybe you rolled off the volume knob (without a treble bleed?) for that main riff, then dimed it for the solo?

Really good tones in this amp, for sure, but...I wonder.

Try lowering your pickup(s) and using a thicker pick.

Try lowering your pickup(s) and using a thicker pick.
Using a very heavy pick already, and the PU height is adjusted per Jim Wagner (WCR Pickups) recommendation: about a nickel below the strings at the 1st, a bit more at 6th when fretted at the last fret.

Using a very heavy pick already, and the PU height is adjusted per Jim Wagner (WCR Pickups) recommendation: about a nickel below the strings at the 1st, a bit more at 6th when fretted at the last fret.

Ok but that is very bright, so try lowering it.

I realize you are probably looking for factory cab suggestions, but I just dropped in one of the Ownhammer GNR IR's and it sounds pretty dang good. (The Thick mix) My go to 4x12 IR was pretty bright comparitively. It's using M75 speakers if you want to look for 'similar' IR's.

I picked FACTORY 2, 555 & 539 Greenbacks, each panned 50%. Sounding great!

Just installed and tested it with my Herbie Preset: channel 3 is now quieter than both channel 2s, but sounds great ...

I'm even older. Late '66 baby. Was teaching Fortran 77 and Fortran 90 back around the turn of the millenium. Fortran 77 won most times, mainly because it was easily translateable into OO code. Just saying... ;)

Fortran and Pascal are great, you can just get on and write the code! Life's too short to be defining classes.

Liam

My first language was C. I still love it to this day even though I literally have no use for it anymore.

You haven't done programming until you have done LISP. I saw a verilog parser done in LISP that had gotten printed while I was in college. The last 2 pages were almost entirely close parenthesis.

I use LISP for Autocad programming. I always thought it was unique to that program. Interesting.....I did get the parenthesis reference too.

Looking forward to the upgrade later this afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom