Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 14.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just upgraded this evening. I tend to use Marshall Brit 800, Plexis and similar a lot, especially on the edge of breakup.They got better. Not in a massive way where I have needed to change lots of presets and scenes I regularly use, just seem a little less harsh where just going into breakup.

Preset levelling in Axe Edit is great. Had been meaning to match a few of them up, and never around to it because jumping between them and listening was time consuming. Leveled about 20 presets to each other in less than 10 minutes. The visual indication of output level is incredibly helpful. Being able to flick between them with the FC-12 while editing and saving in Axe Edit makes this a much easier job.

Liam

(Oh and the Plexi 6CA7 sounds great - more 50 watt Plexi goodness available than I know what to do with... ;) )

I had an odd scenario a couple hours ago. I'm using FW 14.00 with AxeEdit 1.06.11, and I built a quick preset with the new Plexi 6CA7, and a couple of IRs. I was getting absolutely no sound out of the AxeFXIII, even though the internal meters for the blocks displayed sound from Input to Output. I mainly wanted to bring this up, just in case it isn't a one time event, and others are experiencing the same or similar. I rebooted my AxeFX and AE, and that preset was still silent. I tried on another blank preset, and with just Input1 and Output1 connected, got sound out. I deleted the amp and cab blocks in the problematic preset, and still no sound. Cleared the preset, and started again, with the usual expected results. Hope this might help someone along the line. Cheers, Lee

I use LISP for Autocad programming. I always thought it was unique to that program. Interesting.....I did get the parenthesis reference too.
Man, I wrote a ton of Autocad LISP in the early 90s for a commercial product (that flopped); fun and tears. Like some others, it started well before with FORTRAN and a side of JCL. Most fun: writing firmware for MIDI accessory hardware in the mid-80s when all that was new and exciting.

Do retro personal computer / programming clubs exist? Bring-your-own vintage Apple-II, TRS-80, C-64/VIC/PET, TI, Atari, NeXT, PC, ...

BTW, the Axe-Fx III has about 100,000 times the processing speed of my old C-64!

1599439290294.png

Last edited:
Turbo or Borland Pascal, anyone? Those were tools of the day when the JCM800 was the latest and greatest: I'm glad the JCM800 doesn't seem old or arcane.

Born 30 years ago. Started from Turbo Pascal, then Delphy 6, then PHP, then C#, then Ruby, and now my main stack is go+js/ts+html+css and looking at Rust

Last edited:
0 in 71...1 in 72 ;). Vic20, C64 and Atari. First text based game, go north, go east, you bumped into a dumb waiter...I had no idea it was an elevator at the time. BASIC was my first language, then C, then VB...on and on...but I digress.
Thank you Cliff for the great firmware.

Not sure if this is normal and I just noticed it now, but when I play with high gain (5150, recto, herbie, ...) and let the high e string ring out and play muted on the low e-string the low notes don't really come through ...

Not sure if this is normal and I just noticed it now, but when I play with high gain (5150, recto, herbie, ...) and let the high e string ring out and play muted on the low e-string the low notes don't really come through ...

That's normal. The sound of a muted low string is quieter than a ringing open string. On a clean tone you'd maybe still both at a more realistic level. But on distorted tones ringing open note overpowers the muted ones. Try it with a real amp and you'll get the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom