Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.09

It might be a stupid question: if I update the Presets, will that overwrite my own presets (which come after the factory presets)?
Where do these banks end?

Cheers :)

I finally got to play some on this update. I was already loving it before, but this is hitting all the buttons for me. Thanks to Cliff and his fabulous team. Y’all rock!

It might be a stupid question: if I update the Presets, will that overwrite my own presets (which come after the factory presets)?
Where do these banks end?

Cheers :)
If you load a bank of factory presets into the preset manager pane, you can then drag some or all of them to any empty preset locations you might have....

Thanks a lot for the firmware update!

But whats going on with the petrucci rig? This patch doesnt seem to be updated in this release. The JP2C model is not being used.

Its kinda weird because the JP2C model is available for quite a while and I believe this is actually the second presets release where the JP2C model has been overlooked.

Anyway, @ccroyalsenders has released an updated version of this patch for the FM3 and he did use the correct amp model.
So if you guys want to try this patch I reccomend to use the FM3 patch instead.

Cheers!

Quick question since I'm a new owner, I just updated the firmware with Fractal Bot to 12.09, do I still need to update the presets separately or did that just happen automatically with the firmware update? TY in advance 👍

Quick question since I'm a new owner, I just updated the firmware with Fractal Bot to 12.09, do I still need to update the presets separately or did that just happen automatically with the firmware update? TY in advance 👍
If your question concerns your own created presets, then yes; they are updated automatically. But if you mean the updated factory presets, then no; you have to add them manually.

Today, my buddy came over with his real SLO 100. I've been dying to play a real one since that's my favorite high gain model in the Axe, so I ran his head through the Fractal X-Load LB-2 into my DAW and used MixIR2 for the IR loader. I set the Fractal's knobs just like the real amp and used MixIR2 for the Axe's IR loading as well to make it as apples to apples as I could. No kidding, I played the first chord and he smiled with pride over how good his amp sounded... except he was hearing the Axe! I switched to the real amp and of course it was glorious, but a little different, so I SLIGHTLY tweaked just the presence and master volume and BAM, it was nearly identical. I switched between the Axe and the Amp and you couldn't tell which one we were listening to. I panned them hard left and right and it sounded absolutely massive! Then I let him play some Fender and Vox presets and he couldn't believe the tone and was blown away by the effects. He just kept smiling.

So, he's selling his SLO and his Kemper and getting an Axe-Fx III for his studio. It was a good day.
I wouldn't sell the SLO. It's one of those amps that will probably increase in value. They're pretty awesome amps but to sound great you have to crank 'em and they're ear-splitting loud.

Back
Top Bottom