Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.09

I, as well, do not have a pop shutting down my AXE III, whether through powered speakers, my guitar rig or connected to the PA, it they are on.
The source of the speaker thumps appears to be the unplugged end of my FC cable. I disconnected my FC to send it for a quick repair, but left the cable plugged into the III. This was about the same time I installed 12.09 beta, which I assumed that was the culprit. The moment I got the FC back and hooked it up, the thumps stopped. It's reproducible, but really an unimportant issue, since, who would normally run their rig with a FC XLR cable connected, but no FC?

The source of the speaker thumps appears to be the unplugged end of my FC cable. I disconnected my FC to send it for a quick repair, but left the cable plugged into the III. This was about the same time I installed 12.09 beta, which I assumed that was the culprit. The moment I got the FC back and hooked it up, the thumps stopped. It's reproducible, but really an unimportant issue, since, who would normally run their rig with a FC XLR cable connected, but no FC?

Wow, I've been experiencing the same thing and I think that's exactly it. I leave My FC and Output cables connected to the Axe FX in my rack case, but haven't been using the FC-6 at home because I can just use Axe Edit or the screen to change things. I've also been noticing some quiet thumbs when shutting down which I blamed on my monitors being run at units and the Axe output level being very low (normally I use a PA speaker at home but I left it in the jam space).

I'll have to plug in the FC to test but this all adds up to my experience.

Are you meaning that your FC is unplugged but the cable is still attached to the Axe Fx?

If so, does it also go away when you unplug the cable entirely?

I wonder if maybe you're using an expression pedal tied to something that controls a volume boost?

Are you meaning that your FC is unplugged but the cable is still attached to the Axe Fx?

If so, does it also go away when you unplug the cable entirely?

I wonder if maybe you're using an expression pedal tied to something that controls a volume boost?

I just re-checked the three possible scenarios:
FC connected: NO THUMP - this is the proper setup anyway, so no problems.
No FC, FC cable connected to III: THUMP - this is what I discovered when the FC was in the shop
No FC, No FC cable connected to III: THUMP - any non-fc users out there experience this?

I have an EV2 pedal connected to the Pedal1 jack on the FC.

I just re-checked the three possible scenarios:
FC connected: NO THUMP - this is the proper setup anyway, so no problems.
No FC, FC cable connected to III: THUMP - this is what I discovered when the FC was in the shop
No FC, No FC cable connected to III: THUMP - any non-fc users out there experience this?

I have an EV2 pedal connected to the Pedal1 jack on the FC.
Ok... I run passive Xitone wedges with a Matrix amp and I always turn the amp off first.

On occasion I forget and am reminded by the "deeewwwp" of the signal going away.

For me it has been like this as long as I can remember.

Back
Top Bottom