Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.05

it would also be nice to have the clean channel of the Mesa Triple Crown :)

With my TC100 I typically leave the drive toggle switch engaged for channel 1. It's really a more aggressive EOB than a clean but has a great bite to it. Flipping pickups from bridge to neck on my Les Paul makes it either smoother or more aggressive sounding. I felt I was achieving a similar tone by using the Triple Crest 2 and dropping the input drive really low... maybe 0.75.

If you're after a true clean tone it's probably as Cliff suggests...

One thing to note about the TC100.. Even thought the three channels are different they work together very well. You can switch between channels and it's like they were designed to work together.

Last edited:
It was nice to have the CS per scene displaying correctly on 12.04.
I made some updates I've been waiting to make and upgraded to 12.05 this morning.
AxeEdit has gone back to showing incorrect data, but I guess that's expected with the FC code rollback.

Just out of curiosity, the release notes say "Added Triple Crest amp models based on a Mesa Triple Crown TC-100. Note that the actual amp’s “Tight” switch engages a built-in Tube Screamer circuit which can be replicated using a Drive block or the Amp block’s internal Boost feature."
Any idea of what settings would be authentic to the real amp?

Question: If you are using 12.05 and have re-installed the system settings for 12.03, does that correct the looper / FC-12 issues reported below for 12.04?

Axe3 12.04, FC6 or FC12 1.10
pressing the Record switch for the Looper with Looper block in the preset activates Record, Play, and Overdub at the same time. Recording does not happen. Pressing Play or Stop (if available on Once) is the only way to exit this state.
confirmed

Weird looper/FC bug made me almost shit a brick. Using the FC-12, When hitting the switch to record (switch does not have a hold function) it also activates the play switch at the same time and creates a high pitched squeal, if you play anything it will be super amplified. Scared my self, the cats, and wife. Anyone else test this out? Nothing has changed in my presets, and it doesn't happen if I access the Looper from the front panel.
Firmware 12.04
confirmed
FC-12 Firmware 1.09

Question: If you are using 12.05 and have re-installed the system settings for 12.03, does that correct the looper / FC-12 issues reported below for 12.04?
The looper issues come from the 12.04 FC update. That update is not in 12.05, so your 12.03 data wouldn’t add the problem. The problem was 12.04.

Just out of curiosity, the release notes say "Added Triple Crest amp models based on a Mesa Triple Crown TC-100. Note that the actual amp’s “Tight” switch engages a built-in Tube Screamer circuit which can be replicated using a Drive block or the Amp block’s internal Boost feature."
Any idea of what settings would be authentic to the real amp?
Consider setting Boost Type to Tube Screamer, and then turning Boost on. ;)

Consider setting Boost Type to Tube Screamer, and then turning Boost on. ;)
Lol thanks Captain obvious 🤣 but I mean what would be the authentic settings? Using boost in the preamp section has a set tone value, setting it as a drive pedal you then have a variable tone control. The amp must have a set tone value and a set level value, what would those be to get it to match the real amp? I know, I know, use my ears and set it how it sounds good. But I am just looking at what would be comparable to the real deal.

Triple Crowns sound great, very interesting mix of a few different boogies all in one. Thanks for the addition :)

The clean channel is like every other Mesa clean channel: a Blackface Fender copy.

yeah but a really cheap copy, through a cold-biased weak af mesa power section...makes a huge difference in the end result

dual rectifier cleans (early 3 channel, not the reborn recto) are like JC-120 cleans, you can't get crappy stiff sterile clean like that out of anything except a cheap practice amp. It's the best jazz clean ever. Studio Preamp clean is like a 15 watt Lonestar Clean but even looser. I really don't understand the magnification of all the marshall and fender variants that sound legit exactly like each other with different bias and wattage settings, but all the infamous legendary mesa variants, desert island battle proven individual circuits, that have literally monopolized LA and new york studios and the entirety of radio in all genres since the 80s get a unenthusiastic hand wave. And then there's the the subway blues hanging out in the back corner...??? That's a fun amp to beat on. Don't mean to be negative on Firmware Friday but seriously.... all mesa cleans *just a blackface copy... that's funny af

Lol thanks Captain obvious 🤣 but I mean what would be the authentic settings? Using boost in the preamp section has a set tone value, setting it as a drive pedal you then have a variable tone control. The amp must have a set tone value and a set level value, what would those be to get it to match the real amp? I know, I know, use my ears and set it how it sounds good. But I am just looking at what would be comparable to the real deal.

If you pay me the big bucks I’ll compare to my TC100 and find out. 😂

The engineer in charge of the FC stuff has been out sick all week (probably coronavirus) but he's going to work on the bugs over the weekend.

I've made the FC bugs a priority and we should have an update early next week.

Could also be Ebola 🗣

Even with a gig tomorrow I had to try the new TC100, and it has replaced the JP2C+ for my hi-gain rhythm and lead tones. While the rest of the band is taking a smoke and talk about nothing break, I figured I'd post.

I know it's not true to the original to use the Deep, but it has the potential to add enough to make a Recto sound weak and anemic when you add it in. I put in just enough to give a bit more oomph to the rhythm tone, and tighten the low end by raising the hi-pass on the input EQ. Sounds huge and has as much cut as anything I've tried. Kick in the lead and I crank the master volume and drop the depth a bit, and EQ just a bit more mids and it cuts and has great sustain and feeds back very nicely.

I didn't know that.

Around 1972 I was in the canyon outside of Los Angeles and I met someone who had a small Fender amp that had been modified by the person who would eventually start Mesa Boogie. It was a bad ass little amp. Basically a Mesa Boogie before they called it Mesa Boogie.
Many many years ago I had a very early Boogie combo with 15" JBL, so early it had label-maker labels on the back. It was great. Its "channel switching" was a pretty early implementation, so I used an Alembic F2B (over-engineered rackmount Twin preamp) for my clean channel. Whole setup was very cool.

I'm an antique :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom