Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.05

Q1: So then to be able to use 12.05 and have the FC-12 not be all blank white windows I need to roll everything back to 12.03 first, then reinstall my saved 12.03 presets and system files, then update to 12.05?
sure, but you can probably just load the System Data which includes the FC Layouts directly onto 12.05. you shouldn't need to roll completely back to 12.03.

Q2: If I am on 12.04 will everything be ok with the FC-12 when 12.06 comes out, if I then update straight from 12.04 to 12.06?
this is unknown, but probably not. because there is a bug, they may have to change things completely which would render the 12.04 data useless anyway.

if you don't use the Looper or Increment/Decrement functions on the FC, 12.04 will work fine for you unless other bugs exist that haven't been discovered. because 12.05 is released, those bugs probably won't be found, as they need to fix the 12.04 approach anyway.

i would suggest sticking with 12.05 and just loading your FC Layouts as described.

How is it different compared to other clean amps we already have? Fractal doesn’t always try to capture every single part of every amp. Usually just things that are different enough. Is the clean channel unique?
no it's not unique you're right. In the end there are a lot of Clean Mesa :)

Chris said: "I would suggest sticking with 12.05 and just loading your FC Layouts as described."

Thanks Chris.

From 12.04, I just re-installed 12.05. The FC-12 was blank white again, so I re-installed my saved 12.03 system files this time, and the FC-12 seems to be back to normal and working fine so far.

Updated, went just fine. However I noticed the update brought some global, i/o, settings back to defaults and wiped out all midi settings.
Restored backup to normal. Always backup everything before updating.

Last edited:
The clean channel is like every other Mesa clean channel: a Blackface Fender copy.

I didn't know that.

Around 1972 I was in the canyon outside of Los Angeles and I met someone who had a small Fender amp that had been modified by the person who would eventually start Mesa Boogie. It was a bad ass little amp. Basically a Mesa Boogie before they called it Mesa Boogie.

12.04, but I always backup. However, all settings were set back to defaults, in global, i/o and midi
this could be related to the FCs. the layouts are stored in System Data, so it may have been cleared between 12.04 and 12.05. the 12.04 link is removed now, so i don't think many will run into these issues. good info though, thanks.

I didn't know that.

Around 1972 I was in the canyon outside of Los Angeles and I met someone who had a small Fender amp that had been modified by the person who would eventually start Mesa Boogie. It was a bad ass little amp. Basically a Mesa Boogie before they called it Mesa Boogie.

Wow! I believe Randall Smith made a few of those after pranking Carlos Santana with the first one! ....Carlos exclaimed “Wow...that amp really boogies!”

Hence the name and the new company afterwards.

FWIW, last night I had to install the new firmware (12.04) twice before the new amp models showed up. It was really weird.

I didn't know that.

are you carlos santana? :) i imagine it was...

Back
Top Bottom