Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.05

I am continually impressed by how fast the team at Fractal addresses issues that pop up and how often we get improvements and new features... Well done team! I'm additionally impressed by how great many of the folk are on the forums with jumping in and testing so quickly. Its a great community to be part of! Getting out of work early today to update and play around!

Oh wow. Sorry to hear about the possible corona virus right there. Way too close for comfort.

Thanks for the TC100. The one amp that I sold that I sometimes wish I still had was my TC50, so I was hoping you would add one of that type sometime. Not really a Marshall, and not really a Mesa, but it seems to borrow the best parts of each. Even with a gig tomorrow night the temptation to do a backup and then install it to see how it sits with my band's mix is pretty strong right about now. :)

...the Triple Crown is BITCHEN, man.

Here is a pretty cool video of the channels where you can clearly see the tone controls
if it sounds like some of these tones its a killer .

I am also guessing that the pres in the preamp will be simulated by the high treble like in the JP2C shred voicing

Since there is no presence or its fixed in the real amp would you just leave it at noon ?

Here is a pretty cool video of the channels where you can clearly see the tone controls

I am also guessing that the pres in the preamp will be simulated by the high treble like in the JP2C shred voicing

Since there is no presence or its fixed in the real amp would you just leave it at noon ?

this is a 50, we have the 100, with presence00971b-TripleCH100-3-chan-1.jpg

Last edited:
The engineer in charge of the FC stuff has been out sick all week (probably coronavirus) but he's going to work on the bugs over the weekend.

I've made the FC bugs a priority and we should have an update early next week.

Daaamn....Personally, I can wait. Tell him to get well first and speedy recovery :)

this is a 50, we have the 100, with presenceView attachment 64673

I’m not sure where you are getting that the TC-50 doesn’t have presence control. You can see the knob in the video.

That pres control is in the pre amp though I think . not a power amp pres and depth
Exactly, it is more of an extra band in the tonestack, and not a traditional presence control.

While the TC series is easier to dial in than a Mark series, and probably even a Recto, I found that carefully balancing where you have your treble vs presence really gives a pretty wide range of different "sweet spots". Both moderate is one thing, crank treble and drop presence, still nice, but different. Do the opposite and it still has a nice tone.

Mid balance is pretty cool too and a bit interactice as well, with good range of tones. You don't want to crank all three of those too much, but you get some nice variety by combining the mids, treble and presence in different amounts.

It also seemed like when you got to higher gain levels you could run the bass a bit lower and still have a decent thick tone. Not like a Recto of course, but a nice tight aggessive kind of thing.

Exactly, it is more of an extra band in the tonestack, and not a traditional presence control.

While the TC series is easier to dial in than a Mark series, and probably even a Recto, I found that carefully balancing where you have your treble vs presence really gives a pretty wide range of different "sweet spots". Both moderate is one thing, crank treble and drop presence, still nice, but different. Do the opposite and it still has a nice tone.

Mid balance is pretty cool too and a bit interactice as well, with good range of tones. You don't want to crank all three of those too much, but you get some nice variety by combining the mids, treble and presence in different amounts.

It also seemed like when you got to higher gain levels you could run the bass a bit lower and still have a decent thick tone. Not like a Recto of course, but a nice tight aggessive kind of thing.

yes so same as the petrucci amp
i the fractal amp guide i think ?? It says use high treble for amps models w pres in the tonestack

maybe i am wrong ???

yes so same as the petrucci amp
i the fractal amp guide i think ?? It says use high treble for amps models w pres in the tonestack

maybe i am wrong ???
Actually makes sense to me as well. Going from memories of my TC50, and haven't had time to try the new one yet, but that's what I'll probably do first when I donget into that one.

Sure glad we have Global amps. It was so easy to set up a few presets using different globals, then when I played with the band I just had to change most of my presets to use that block, and I have consistent tone across the board.

Back
Top Bottom