• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.05

bchulse

Inspired
I updated FW to 12.04, but held off on 12.05 since I read about some issues with the FC's
and had some upcoming gigs.

After reviewing a bunch of comments, I decided to backup system at 12.04, then roll back to 12.03.
Did this, then backed up the system again at 12.03. Then I updated FW to 12.05.
I'll mention that I did not do a full backup, just the system for both 12.03 & 12.04

After updating to 12.05, my FC6 lit up with no text in windows. Also, no sound at all from Axe III.
I imported each layout back into the FC6, which restored all the functions I had before, but still no sound.

Then I checked the presets and found that all the assigned Expression pedal settings had rolled back to defaults.
Went in and reassigned back to Vol, Delay, Wah (the 3 that I use). Everything was back to normal again.
I don't use any Global blocks, I just set them per preset.

I thought going from 12.03 to 12.05 was supposed to bypass these issues, but maybe I misunderstood?
Should I have done a full backup instead of just system?

At any rate, no big deal. I only use a dozen of so presets, so I reset the pedals for each.

Last edited:

Genghis

Power User
I updated FW to 12.04, but held off on 12.05 since I read about some issues with the FC's
and had some upcoming gigs.

After reviewing a bunch of comments, I decided to backup system at 12.04, then roll back to 12.03.
Did this, then backed up the system again at 12.03. Then I updated FW to 12.05.
I'll mention that I did not do a full backup, just the system for both 12.03 & 12.04

After updating to 12.05, my FC6 lit up with no text in windows. Also, no sound at all from Axe III.
I imported each layout back into the FC6, which restored all the functions I had before, but still no sound.

Then I checked the presets and found that all the assigned Expression pedal settings had rolled back to defaults.
Went in and reassigned back to Vol, Delay, Way (the 3 that I use). Everything was back to normal again.
I don't use any Global blocks, I just set them per preset.

I thought going from 12.03 to 12.05 was supposed to bypass these issues, but maybe i misunderstood?
Should I have done a full backup instead of just system?

At any rate, no big deal. I only use a dozen of so presets, so I reset the pedals for each.
The catch is you needed to skip 12.04 all together as that was what introduced the issues. Hope you had a backup of 12.03 prior to doing 12.04, as that is the way to fix it.

fremen

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
I'm still having expression pedals issues here, with FC-12 + two EV-2. After calibration, the whammy is not going to +12. If I set amp gain to 8.50 max and 3 min, when moving the pedal, it goes to 8.47, etc etc...

brianv4

Fractal Fanatic
Easy there, chief. If it's intended that those models are quieter than others, that's fine. I wasn't complaining, I was curious.
I asked about this when I had the II. I was told it was for accuracy i.e. a Princeton won't be as loud as a Recto but then the Princeton models levels are all over the place. And in recordings are Princeton's so much quieter than Recto's? No, they're balanced in the mix.

Then I was told too many would complain they had to re-level all their presets if it was changed. But we still have to re-level with certain FW updates anyway.

I get it, it's annoying when auditioning different amp models. Some being very quiet so you turn up, then others blowing out your speakers. I gave up, it is what it is.

Top Bottom