Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.03

.....The people don’t give a shit what gear you use, they just want to blow off steam and forget their troubles for a while.....

I've always argued this.

The 2 individuals in a crowd who make it a point to come up to you and say something either positive or negative about your tone are just that...2 in a crowd. The other 99.9% couldn't give a rip as long as it sounds good, and they (AND YOU) are enjoying the music.

I've always argued this.

The 2 individuals in a crowd who make it a point to come up to you and say something either positive or negative about your tone are just that...2 in a crowd. The other 99.9% couldn't give a rip as long as it sounds good, and they (AND YOU) are enjoying the music.
And usually some other judgemental delta bravo guitarist who Im going to ignore anyway 👍

Don't get nervous when the jazz police shows up in front of you staring at your fingers. Always keep smiling and moving!
Half of them even can't tell a bass from a guitar. When they tell you something about your good or bad sound they might mean something else.

Same thing happened when LED lighting became popular. I had this one friend that spent a fortune on Incandescent par 64 lights, connectors and controllers. I tried to stop him and offered him to come to our warehouse and compare his lights to our LED par 64 cans. He said "no way was he going to want or use that fake lighting, that it was impossible that LED was better or brighter than his 500 watt bulbs. Well every club, he tried to use them at, blew breakers. And because they created so much heat on stage, the only way he could use them was to dim them or use 2 to 4 lights.

About a month goes by and he shows up at one of my shows and sees the stage all lit up. He comes up to me, seeing 3 quad par 64 trees, as close as 4 feet from the performers, and super bright lighted stage, pumping out different colors, and admitted he was wrong.

Funny thing is, being a die hard tuber, when I first heard of the Fractal Audio AXE FX line, I thought "No way is this going to sound good ever".
Even after reading all the great reviews, I didn't take a chance until The AXE FXII XL+. I now have the III, and the tube amps I have left are collecting dust.

Most of the "known" guitarists in my town are supportive of each other and we tend to find something to compliment other guys about, even if we're not all that impressed with their sound or performance. I do have one buddy who comes to most of our shows who will be straight up honest with me and let me know if something sucks. I rely on him to be my "ears in the audience" to give me honest feedback about my tone and the band's mix. (I run FOH from the stage.) He also tells me when I'm having an off night with my playing, although I know that myself without anybody telling me, lol.

I've always argued this.

This is a fact...nobody in the audience cares if you're using a tube amp or modeler. The only people who care, are other musicians who want to either A) compliment you on your tone -or- B) tell you why no matter what you're using, if it's not what they prefer (ie. tube amp), then it can't be good.

I feel bad for people who spend their time doing that on a night out.
If any 'bros' come up to the stage and glare at my equipment, or critique a mix (which i'm sure is not always perfect), or hate a cheesy song that the girls go nuts for....I say - hey, there are girls/guys here...maybe go talk to one (whichever you prefer) and enjoy yourself!
Even if I think your tone sucks, I'd much rather be drinking a captain and coke laughing with my friends, than giving you my (unwanted) opinion.

I rolled back to 12.02 yesterday and played for a few minutes (10 mins maybe) and didn't really hear a difference to 12.03, at least not a noticeable one. I wasn't blasting it because the family was home, but I'm only using one model and feel like I'm intimately familiar with it now (Matchless EF86). I may drop back to the last 11.xx FW to see if I can hear a difference.

I'd love for Cliff or one of the other Fractal guys to elaborate on what changed in the amp models from 12.02 to 12.03.

I rolled back to 12.02 yesterday and played for a few minutes (10 mins maybe) and didn't really hear a difference to 12.03, at least not a noticeable one. I wasn't blasting it because the family was home, but I'm only using one model and feel like I'm intimately familiar with it now (Matchless EF86). I may drop back to the last 11.xx FW to see if I can hear a difference.

I'd love for Cliff or one of the other Fractal guys to elaborate on what changed in the amp models from 12.02 to 12.03.
I did the same thing...had something just slightly off in the high mids or highs on 12.03...but only at certain times. Someone said oscillating and that’s how I’d describe it. First thought is was coming from an old g or b string, or possibly my guitar. I used several other guitars and same thing. Rolled back, haven’t heard it since, and not a real noticeable sound change either between 02 & 03, but something. I loved 11.01 and think I’ll give that a try for shtz and giggles

I did the same thing...had something just slightly off in the high mids or highs on 12.03...but only at certain times. Someone said oscillating and that’s how I’d describe it. First thought is was coming from an old g or b string, or possibly my guitar. I used several other guitars and same thing. Rolled back, haven’t heard it since, and not a real noticeable sound change either between 02 & 03, but something.

I heard this for the first time on the Friedman HBE c45 yesterday...some breakup in tone on the D&G string half way up the neck

I swear I think the dynamics are different. I haven’t rolled back and tried, but when I first downloaded, I thought I was able to get different/better touch sensitivity with breakup. Maybe I’m crazy.

Not sure what this update did but it messed up my preset. Switching from clean to gain I get a hiccup and loud popping sound but going from gain to clean is fine and I didn't have this before this update , also the changes are lagging again like in a previous update, I switched back to Firmware Version 11.01 and all is good now , no more updates for me , don't need any issues , that loud popping was ridiculous.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom