Axe-Fx III Firmware 27.00 Public Beta #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wirmware Wednesday?

Or maybe…..

Mike Tyson Smile GIF

I use the Peterson sweetened tunings on my Axe-FX III, a Peterson StroboStomp on my traditional pedalboard, and a Peterson bench unit on my, well, bench 🤣.

The tuner in my Axe-FX is phenomenal no doubt, no issues tuning during a set, but I find the Peterson pedal easier to read on the stage for some reason.

I use the Peterson sweetened tunings on my Axe-FX III, a Peterson StroboStomp on my traditional pedalboard, and a Peterson bench unit on my, well, bench 🤣.

The tuner in my Axe-FX is phenomenal no doubt, no issues tuning during a set, but I find the Peterson pedal easier to read on the stage for some reason.
Yea, 590, Strobo Hd and clip Hd I love the way they work. And for multi course instruments I find it easier to offset some strings the way I want.

The old adage still holds.... if you are comparing something to something else they have already won.... IE: as good as the Peterson, as good as a Martin, as good as a Gibson. Peterson has made the best tuners for decades. And it's a good surname as well haha. IMHO YMMV

Yeah - I’ve got a 70’s analog Peterson Strobe and that thing is amazing. Dead nuts every time. Other tuners just don’t tune as well…but this new version of the tuner seems to be just as good as the Peterson.

Maybe it's my set-up. On the tuner, the B5 (987.76), first string 19th fret or second strings 24 fret seem to be instable.
I try with the Bb and bend to B and the instability begins at 950Hz and stop at 1010Hz.
I see that because I intonate at the 24th fret. Rich Harris 's method from IbanezRules.

after update: when starting Axe-Edit..

Communication time-out:
Unable to complete the following communication request: Query device version : query_sys_info

so, I deleted all axe-fx files on mac and reinstalled and then recognized after scan.

Real question: how do you know how accurate the tuner is?
If the guitar sounds in tune it most likely is. If you have a ‘bad’ tuner (or tuning technique) you’ll hear it when you play a chord like an open G or open E.

I tuned my guitar with my Axe-FX III then used an AB box to switch to my Peterson StroboPlus and they were pretty much identical. That is more than good enough for live use and plenty accurate for studio, unless the studio has a Peterson 490 or 590 mechanical tuner, IMO those are the tuners all others hope to be.

Not to dis the Axe, but if I’m doing a setup I’m using my Peterson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom