Axe-Fx III Firmware 27.00 Public Beta #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the studio everyone should be in tune to a known reference pitch (tuner), unless your doing a one take deal with no post tracking punch-ins or additions.

While live can be a lot more forgiving, everyone should still be using a tuner, and in tune before you step up on that stage. IMO there is nothing worse then waiting for (and listening to) everyone tune off of each other. Yes, I’ve made on the fly tuning adjustments to get through a song quite a few times, but always follow up with a silent retune between songs while the singer babbles on about something to cover the 15 or 20 seconds I need.

I was contemplating getting a Synergy unit and the new Soldano II module they recently released. But before pulling the trigger, I gave in and decided to install this beta to see what I'm missing. Holy, fucking, shit! The whole unit sounds vintage now, it has this pleasant feel to it and it was noticeable and alarming at the same time. I can't believe how good it sounds, especially how the drive pedals interact with the amp block!

I had the unit for awhile now, and this is by far the most noticeable improvement I ever experienced. I'm way beyond excited for the final release!

I love you Fractal Team, well done! The Synergy can wait for now.

Last edited:
I was contemplating getting a Synergy unit and the new Soldano II module they recently released. But before pulling the trigger, I gave in and decided to install this beta to see what I'm missing. Holy, fucking, shit! The whole unit sounds vintage now, it has this pleasant feel to it and it was noticeable and alarming at the same time. I can't believe how good it sounds, especially how the drive pedals interact with the amp block!

I had the unit for awhile now, and this is by far the most noticeable improvement I ever experienced. I'm way beyond excited for the final release!

I love you Fractal Team, well done! The Synergy can wait for now.
I use both the Slo 100 and the x88r Soldano preamps in a few of my presets. After the last few updates it is exactly as you described. Those amps, the richness, warmth, harmonics= chef's kiss

I'm not one to notice big improvements with firmware updates, but I have to say I really like whatever was done (if anything) in this update to the Deluxe Reverbs or the 808s or the interaction between the two. I've been playing a lot of the Laurel Canyon preset from Worship Tutorials and it sounds absolutely killer now.

I'm not one to notice big improvements with firmware updates, but I have to say I really like whatever was done (if anything) in this update to the Deluxe Reverbs or the 808s or the interaction between the two. I've been playing a lot of the Laurel Canyon preset from Worship Tutorials and it sounds absolutely killer now.
There were no changes to the Drive block so everything you are hearing is due to the new amp modeling algorithms.

When I place the looper directly after input 1, record a riff, and play, its not strong enough to overcome any noise gates even if I put all the levels on the looper at max. This is new behavior. What might be going on?

When I place the looper directly after input 1, record a riff, and play, its not strong enough to overcome any noise gates even if I put all the levels on the looper at max. This is new behavior. What might be going on?
Your looper's output level is too low? Not as loud as your guitar's signal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom