Axe-Fx III Firmware 27.00 Public Beta #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course! But it might wind up a bit long. Keep in mind I never owned a tube amp before acquiring my AFX, and I haven't had it for long (the first firware I had was 24.05). So I never expect to hear a difference between firmwares, because I don't think my ears are trained enough.

I picked the preset I've been working on since day one, which is still a big WIP and there's one scene that's basically a really nice 80s sounding solo tone... but I kept fiddling as one does, always returning to its initial state, so I've heard/played this scene for about 4 months now - I was basically happy with it, but it was admittedly a bit smooth and softish; it's my go-to when jamming along to "powerballad" or "80s slow blues" style YT backing tracks.

But there was little to no "unruliness", there were no real frayed edges, and it was a one trick pony - the ballads.

Now, and without changing anything on my part, using the same headphones, there's this... "excited" nature about that scene, some grit and texture that just wasn't there before, (I must've smoothed everything out too much) and that immediately drew me in - it's not like there's suddenly some wild and overdone change that made me think "Gawd, what's this!? Mah preset's different/ruined!!!" but it was more like a strong pitbull on a chain, pulling me along while trying to bite everything. There is a snarl and fizz to bending around (that's where the snakes come in) and guttural punch and snappiness to palm mutes that now also makes this scene viable as a dirty, in-your-face rythm tone just by turning the delay off/volume down a touch.

And I know "feels" aren't usually a good point of reference, but it felt more interactive. Responsive, as I put it.

Edit: @jayjay347912 It was obviously meant as a reply to you, but I just woke up so...

Never owned a tube amp either. As a matter of fact, it was the same rig for decades. I went from a solid state fender stage 2×12...to some line 6 stuff (the 120 combo amps) and when I finally upgraded to fractal it literally changed everything. You sold me sir. Thanks for taking the time. Happy riffing/ playing💪🙏😎

Regarding the update to the tuner.

There was a discussion some time back where it was stated the tuner was optimized for guitar tuning within the typical range for open strings, and was not considered the best tool for setting intonation. Do the new tuner improvements change this?

Thanks,
I would love an answer to this too. I've never heard this before.

The III is hands down the most accurate tuner I own so this is shocking.

Regarding the update to the tuner.

There was a discussion some time back where it was stated the tuner was optimized for guitar tuning within the typical range for open strings, and was not considered the best tool for setting intonation. Do the new tuner improvements change this?

Thanks,
The tuner is reference quality now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom