Axe-Fx III Firmware 26.02 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy smokes, this is intriguing. I’m embarrassed to ask, but can someone elaborate or give me examples of amps with multiple gain stages? Google says jcm 800, Soldano, etc. Can I safely assume this will drastically improve my beloved Atomica then, being that it’s a Marshall style amp?

Holy smokes, this is intriguing. I’m embarrassed to ask, but can someone elaborate or give me examples of amps with multiple gain stages? Google says jcm 800, Soldano, etc. Can I safely assume this will drastically improve my beloved Atomica then, being that it’s a Marshall style amp?

Technically, almost every amp has more than one gain stage. In this case, I think this is referring to amps that have more than two, think anything higher gain than a Plexi. Not familiar with the Atomica schematic, but I'd guess it will definitely be affected. At least that's what I'm expecting... haven't loaded it up, yet, but the night is young... 🤘

From the Release notes:-

" ... also improves accuracy when input of Amp block is driven by a Drive pedal (whether real or virtual) ... "

Am I right in interpreting that this means both (a) a real drive pedal plugged into the front of the Axe real Input as well as (b) any Axe Drive Pedal Block placed before any Axe Amp Block (?)

Thanks,
Ben

From the Release notes:-

" ... also improves accuracy when input of Amp block is driven by a Drive pedal (whether real or virtual) ... "

Am I right in interpreting that this means both (a) a real drive pedal plugged into the front of the Axe real Input as well as (b) any Axe Drive Pedal Block placed before any Axe Amp Block (?)
No need to assume. It's stated outright. :)

I wish I could check this out, to find out what it sounds like, but as I just lost about 60% of the hearing in my right ear (which was my 'good' ear), coupled with the raging tinnitus, the chances of my being able to notice any improvement is basically zero!

Anyone gonna make an a/b this weekend?

Kids up before 6am today, it’ll be a miracle if i even see a guitar lol.

I didn't A/B before and after FW Update, but my Axfx drives are sounding / feeling great - external also (Strymon Riverside in loop3). Check out mod fx into EOB set amp models also - they seem to have a somewhat more pleasing / natural sounding interaction with this fw.

No issues encountered.

Last edited:
Technically almost all amps have multiple gain stages.
But here they are referring to amps or channels in amps that are high gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom