Axe-Fx III Firmware 26.02 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did something dumb. Don't know if it's the beta, AF3 or what. Betas have always been gold for me. I loaded it last night, all worked perfect. Turned rig off, went to open jam where I'm house guitar. Rig fires up, FC-6 Top window work, but all minis are blank, no ring colors. Shut down 3x, changed cable, nothing. I'm lucky like this. No laptop w me to try to roll back. But it's a half hour in and I'm on the bench.

I did something dumb. Don't know if it's the beta, AF3 or what. Betas have always been gold for me. I loaded it last night, all worked perfect. Turned rig off, went to open jam where I'm house guitar. Rig fires up, FC-6 Top window work, but all minis are blank, no ring colors. Shut down 3x, changed cable, nothing. I'm lucky like this. No laptop w me to try to roll back. But it's a half hour in and I'm on the bench.
I had a similar issue on an earlier firmware with my FC-6. The solution for my issue was to go use the front panel of the Axe to go to Setup>FC Controllers>Remote page and increase the Contrast and Global Brightness.

I never use the front panel so I'm unsure of how they were ever changed from default, but things happen and fortunately it was an easy fix. I hope this helps you in some way.

I had a similar issue on an earlier firmware with my FC-6. The solution for my issue was to go use the front panel of the Axe to go to Setup>FC Controllers>Remote page and increase the Contrast and Global Brightness.

I never use the front panel so I'm unsure of how they were ever changed from default, but things happen and fortunately it was an easy fix. I hope this helps you in some way.
I did that. Sadly, it didn't work.

Could be it's 'forgotten' your layouts. Try re-installing the last backup of your System+GB+FC settings.

Phenomenal. My main drives I use are the TS-808 Mod (x2) driving the Deluxe Reverb Vibrato model, and holy cow... the 26.01 and 26.02 updates have fixed the last little bit of intangible differences between the sound in my head I was attempting to achieve and the sound I was actually getting. To be clear, I still loved the tone I was getting before, but I found myself still trying to tweak something on which I couldn't put my finger re: the way the tubescreamers were driving the amp block. These two updates totally fixed it. My main preset is pretty much perfect now. Played for an hour with nary a hint of any desire to adjust a thing. Well-done, Fractal team. Seriously.

I already have 2 x FM9’s! 1 Axe III, and I still have an AX8.

When my one cover band plays its last show on August 31st, I will keep the AXE FX III at home for recording. I use the FM9 in my AC/DC tribute band (and the second one as a spare for either rig).
And I though I had a lot with my III, FM9 and FM3!

As mentioned above, it sounds like your layouts got wiped...

Or possibly you were on an "empty" layout?

Remember that there's a default boot-up layout. It always uses that when booting up, not the one you were on when you shut down (like presets).

Improved Amp block preamp algorithms, especially for amps with multiple gain stages. Tones are “gutsier” and have a more dynamic response with more “pop”. Also improves accuracy when input of Amp block is driven by a Drive pedal (whether real or virtual).

Very very cool....I love this release note, big time, and cannot wait to experience it when it presumably trickles down to the FM9.

Haven't had a chance to try the high gain amps but the change is very noticeable on low gain amps for me, feels much more alive and there's more "thwack" on the attack, sounds and feels fantastic.

Fantastic to read these comments...especially that you found the changes very noticeable and feels "much more alive". More "thwack"? Bring it on heh...

Any other thoughts on these new algorithms anyone??

As mentioned above, it sounds like your layouts got wiped...

Or possibly you were on an "empty" layout?

Remember that there's a default boot-up layout. It always uses that when booting up, not the one you were on when you shut down (like presets).
This is the 1st time iirc booting back up not being on the preset and layout I was on before update. I knew something was wrong when the Axe Fx light was back on like outta the box. I have it off because of glare when I wear glasses. Then it became fully performance impeding. No amount of brightness or contrast brought the FC-6 back. Worst in this was that my FS-7 wouldn't change presets or scenes for the obvious reason. At that point the only thing left to do was lower me into the ground lol. I ended up playing through a tiny Supro with a 10" and only bass and treble controls. I kept thinking 'my kingdom for a mid knob right now'. I fought for every last note in 95 degree heat. Being retired, I really don't wanna pull teeth while sweating that hard.

I just reloaded system from my 26.01 final backup. Fabulous. I will never leave my house w/o the laptop again. Now for another backup. Thanks much gents!

Last edited:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/26p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_26p02_beta1.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Improved Amp block preamp algorithms, especially for amps with multiple gain stages. Tones are “gutsier” and have a more dynamic response with more “pop”. Also improves accuracy when input of Amp block is driven by a Drive pedal (whether real or virtual).
Wow figured it would be a while before we got an improvement on 26.01 which we love. Can't wait to give this a try. 26 gave us more of this, so this is more of more !!. Wonderful thanks Cliff and team

This is the first release I have played where running a OD at traditional settings (drive somewhere around zero, level at max) into a high gain amp feels and sounds like the real thing. Previously I have had to run the level down on the OD to avoid excess lows. I just love the continuous improvement in Fractal land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom