Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.00 Public Beta #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/24p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_24p00_beta2.zip

Fixes (hopefully) the problems with the word clock.

Improved handling of external word clock. If no clock is present unit will fall back to internal clock until a clock is detected.
Howdy, I am here to report that the word clock fallback is working perfect with my Axe Fx III and RME ADI-8 DD over both AES and S/PDIF.

Before this beta, I would get an ear piercing screech if either device was turned off or in the process of booting. Sometimes the screech would continue indefinitely after both devices booted, requiring the Axe Fx III to be rebooted to get it to stop. Now during booting it'll make a short pop over the S/PDIF or AES channel, but that's it.

Impressive update nonetheless.

Improved Stack/Hold behavior in Delay block. Note that if the Compander is enabled Stack/Hold is not available and will be disabled.

Is there any way to keep the compander functionality along with the improved Stack/Hold? I use the latter with former when using a long delay line as a looper. I like the way it deteriorates

Ya know Cliff...I think it's really cool to publicly say "fixed several errors" with your amp models in the release notes. Of course these are errors that I'm sure that majority of us would never ever hear, yet your transparency and efforts and appreciated. Keep up the great work!

I also like the idea that Stack/Hold could be made less than infinite so as to modulate the effective decay time of Stack/Hold. I had submitted a wish for this back in the pandemic times.

Those are cool ideas. I think with all modulation off it is infinite now though. Or perhaps the improvement makes it so.

I like that the comapnder changes the envelope of the note at extreme settings, and really does so in hold mode. I am hoping we can keep that. I have some work around ideas if need be.

According to Cliff it’s a rev F, explains why it sounds so close. https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...to2-mesa-dual-rectifier-2-ch-and-3-ch.114701/
I think I had this in the back of my mind:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...s-firmware-public-beta-6.171176/#post-2062420

Either way, it sounds good. The Rev F tends to have a little more midrange character than the Rev G. Bumping up the Variac parameter a little bit on the model helps. I always run my Rectos with the FX Loop bypassed on the back, Bold power, and Silicon Diode rectifier. I've never messed with the Variac control, but it's a pretty awesome tone-shaping tool.

I'm getting too hooked on all the new stuff and my FXIII doesn't leave my house... I sure hope we get FM9 firmware updates for New Years so I can use these new toys at rehearsal \ gigs!!! Crossing fingers...

I'm getting too hooked on all the new stuff and my FXIII doesn't leave my house... I sure hope we get FM9 firmware updates for New Years so I can use these new toys at rehearsal \ gigs!!! Crossing fingers...
My AF3 had been collecting dust...FM9 is such a perfect size that packs a lot of punch. However, since these updates my AF3 is back at gigs. Its more weight and more stuff but so completely worth it. The sounds I'm getting now are pretty much perfect. I know the FM9 will end up sounding as good (soon) but now I've built some new presets with more switches and pedals and I'm afraid I won't be able to go back to the FM9 without adding more stuff...and that will require a bigger case...but it will be fun rebuilding that rig!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom