Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta (Beta 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following up on this, here's a rough idea of what I am imagining:

If Red is Cab 1, Yellow is Cab 2, Purple is Cab 3, and Orange is cab 4, then this is what the graphic can look like if only Cab 1 is active.

View attachment 118338

If all cab slots are active, it can look a bit like this:

View attachment 118339

Again, just a suggestion. Might be that the display is too small to convey this kind of detail, but might be an interesting way to indicate bypass state of a cab slot!

That's just doodling with clown faces. Or Oz Tin Man.

On

And on that note: the list of SICs in the Amp block has an entry for "2x12 Hot Kitty". The list of cabs mentions a "1x12 Hot Kitty" (I owned one). Maybe the name of the sic is wrong?
I remember going through the original FAS bundle 1-5 and finding a lot of the IRs were matches for the SIC. I believe the 1x12 Hot Kitty is actually the 1x12 V30. This is all by ear though so I could be completely off.

Edit: wrote the wrong SIC

Last edited:
few questions just to be clear..

even though the distance of let's say two mic's is different from each other, the algorithm time aligns them automatically?
and to what, the earliest or latest IR?

what if you wanted that out of phase mic combo sound for some reason?

I haven't installed this firmware yet

@FractalAudio
Thanks a million for this. I was able to dial in a much more precise tone, MUCH faster.

I do have a question: I was surprised by the Clip Indicator coming on so hard, I have a Parker Fly with DiMarzio medium output humbuckers, MUCH less output than a Majesty for instance. I have to reduce the input sensitivity to about 5.5% to avoid any clipping going on.
I can't imagine what would happen with some of the modern high output pickups!

Anyway, beyond the input sensitivity (or turning down) is there any other way I might not be aware of to regulate the level into the AD?

I remember going through the original FAS bundle 1-5 and finding a lot of the IRs were matches for the SIC. I believe the 1x12 Hot Kitty is actually the 1x12 Eminent. This is all by ear though so I could be completely off.

I owned a Hot Kitty and it had a single custom V30.

few questions just to be clear..

even though the distance of let's say two mic's is different from each other, the algorithm time aligns them automatically?
and to what, the earliest or latest IR?
The files are initially aligned to the same reference point -- a universal standard across all DynaCapture IRs.
In other words, IRs for mics that are farther away have been time compensated to be aligned with IRs for mics that are closer.

You can use the controls on the Align page in the usual way, however, to add time to any individual IR.

Any of you beta testers have some audios comparing your legacy presets and dynacabs?

I’m not sure it will be implemented to the fm3 but I’m really curious to hear the dynacabs

Kinda curious to know how you allocated space for these dyna-captures since "limited space" has come up before as a constraint. Anything interesting there?

🍿

The files are initially aligned to the same reference point -- a universal standard across all DynaCapture IRs.
In other words, IRs for mics that are farther away have been time compensated to be aligned with IRs for mics that are closer.

You can use the controls on the Align page in the usual way, however, to add time to any individual IR.
Excellent, I understood very clearly!

Many Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom