Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta (Beta 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing against the Two-Notes, I had the captor x for sometime and got good sounds from it, but these sound so much more detailed to me.
That’s great to hear. I had a Two Notes Studio years ago. Got great sounds from it.

I haven’t loaded the beta into my Axe 3 yet, but the description just reminded me of what was happening in the Two Notes Studio… very excited for this new update.

So I just watched Leon's video on this and I'm wondering about the Mic position graph on the onboard UI.

Would it be possible to show the position of all the mics with color coded dots on it? I can't try out the new fw atm but I assume it just changes which cab's mic position is shown if you toggle between the columns?

It would be hugely useful to show all the positions as well as bypass/solo state in that graph at the same time so you can understand the relation between each mic position if you mix e.g multiple mics on the same cab. I get that this can cause some overlap if multiple cabs have the mics at the same position but I think that's an ok compromise.

And since we can dream big, do you think in a future update it would be possible to mix both Dyna-cabs and legacy/user IRs, making the Mode selection redundant? Obviously no mic position stuff on the IRs.

Firstly - thank you.

Just had a quick play - and I think it's an absolute triumph! I love that you can just switch between legacy and Dyna - and all the settings are preserved, makes comparing super easy - genius.

And the sound, just did a very quick play on a Vibraverb and a Plexi - both with a Tele, Vibraverb took under a minute to have a much clearer sound than my favourite IR selection (which I've taken ages over), Plexi was more challenging - since all of a sudden there was a lot more treble, but we got there and very happy.

My take is for all these people obsessing with 'amp in the room' - this is a significant step forward, just sounds more 'real' and 'under the fingers' love it.

And the UI on the front panel is super-easy, so thank you.

Looking forward to seeing how Michael makes this look in Axe-Edit

Auto Dyna-Cab Impedance and Amp interaction:

Been doing some testing with respect to Cab 1 & 2 and Amp 1& 2 interactions with respect to Auto Impedance. It seems that Amp 1 is always tied to Cab 1's speaker selection with respect to auto impedance (same for Amp 2 and Cab 2).

Meaning: if I have both Amp 1 and Amp 2 going into Cab 1 only Amp 1's impedance curves are updated on Cab 1 dyna speaker selection.
Amp 2's impedance curves are not updated by virtue of the fact that it is connected to Cab 1.

Am I seeing this correctly?

Fantastic upgrade by the way....love it!!!

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Version 22 Introduces Dyna-Cab™ cabinet modeling.

The Cabinet block now has two modes of operation: Legacy and Dyna-Cab. Legacy is the previous style of operation.

Dyna-Cab cabinet modeling allows freely positioning the microphone. We took an approach of quality-over-quantity:

• Dyna-Cab IRs are a full 2048 samples.
  • Mic positions are sampled at a fine spatial resolution.
  • Three mic choices are available: Condenser, Dynamic and Ribbon.
  • All IRs are time-aligned with each other. They have been processed using a new algorithm that ensures alignment without destroying phase information. You can mix-and-match IRs from different cabs/mics and they'll always be perfectly aligned.
The Amp block now features “Auto Dyna-Cab Impedance”. When set to ON the speaker impedance curve of the Amp block will follow the Cabinet Type in the first mixer slot of the associated Cabinet block. I.e., if the Cab Type in the first mixer slot of Cabinet 1 is, say, 4x12 5153 and the Mode is Dyna-Cab then Amp 1’s speaker impedance will automatically be set to 4x12 5153.

Added “Treble Shift” control to Tone page of USA IIC+ models. This is an alias of the “Fat” control found on the Preamp page and performs the same function.

Added clip warning if Input 1 clips.

Fixed side-chain filters not working in Gate block.

Various other fixes and improvements.
The Amp block now features “Auto Dyna-Cab Impedance << where is this switch? can't find it

Great set of cabs - nicely picked. Looking forward to hearing about a potential 3rd party program.

I’ll buy cab lab 4 when it comes out from Fractal to support this continuous dev.

Thank you, Fractal. Bring on cab lab!

Will the IR Player be expanded to support Dyna-Cabs, or is a Cab-only feature?

Sorry to be that guy but is there anywhere we could see what speakers are included in each cab? I mean, I know there's a V30 in the Mesa cabs, but I'm no cab connoisseur and wouldn't know what speakers are in everything else. Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom