Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta (Beta 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to be that guy but is there anywhere we could see what speakers are included in each cab? I mean, I know there's a V30 in the Mesa cabs, but I'm no cab connoisseur and wouldn't know what speakers are in everything else. Many thanks.
You could look at e.g Axe-Fx 3 Wiki's Cab list to see what the similarly named IRs in the factory cab banks are using. I'm sure eventually Fractal will add this to the manual for Dyna-cabs.

Would it be possible to show the position of all the mics with color coded dots on it?
when an IR is muted, make its column grayed out.

I think it would be awesome to combine both these to achieve a simpler (I'm guessing) way to do both. IOW, colour-coded dots on the speaker graphic, each colour related to one of the four slots; when bypassed, the dot can turn to a hollow coloured circle (⭕️), and when active, the dot can be filled with the colour (🔴) to show that the slot is now active. Just an idea!

EDIT: mistyped a couple of words; hopefully it is clearer now!

Dynacab is very well thought out, thank you! 1960TV greenback cab is pure rock n roll, love the sounds I was getting this morning.
I am very excited to see how this builds out over time.

I updated the list of impedance curves today to be in sync with the hardware / firmware.

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Amp_block#Speaker_Impedance_Curves_list
For the Mesa, if the Large is the Standard (aka oversized), I assume the Small is the Traditional. So are the slant and straight cabs are the Standard OS or Traditional size? Assuming these are all UK Vintage 30 Mesa spec speakers too.
  1. 4x12 Recto Large: Mesa Oversized Rectifier cabinet with four 12" speakers (unknown).
  2. 4x12 Recto Slant: Mesa Slant Rectifier cabinet with four 12" speakers (unknown).
  3. 4x12 Recto Small: Mesa small Rectifier cabinet with four 12" speakers (unknown).
  4. 4x12 Recto Straight: Mesa Straight Rectifier cabinet with four 12" speakers (unknown).

Cliff, just curious. Is the main firmware and dyna-cab firmware going to remain separate or will they be merged together at some point in time?

colour-coded dots on the speaker graphic
Following up on this, here's a rough idea of what I am imagining:

If Red is Cab 1, Yellow is Cab 2, Purple is Cab 3, and Orange is cab 4, then this is what the graphic can look like if only Cab 1 is active.

Screenshot 2023-03-27 at 2.18.10 PM.png

If all cab slots are active, it can look a bit like this:

Screenshot 2023-03-27 at 2.17.30 PM.png

Again, just a suggestion. Might be that the display is too small to convey this kind of detail, but might be an interesting way to indicate bypass state of a cab slot!

And since we can dream big, do you think in a future update it would be possible to mix both Dyna-cabs and legacy/user IRs, making the Mode selection redundant? Obviously no mic position stuff on the IRs.
Or even if Cab Lab could let us create an IR using Dyna-Cab and then print it as a normal IR. That would be sweet!

Following up on this, here's a rough idea of what I am imagining:

If Red is Cab 1, Yellow is Cab 2, Purple is Cab 3, and Orange is cab 4, then this is what the graphic can look like if only Cab 1 is active.

View attachment 118338

If all cab slots are active, it can look a bit like this:

View attachment 118339

Again, just a suggestion. Might be that the display is too small to convey this kind of detail, but might be an interesting way to indicate bypass state of a cab slot!
I tried that. It was too confusing. Also, people with color blindness are screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom