Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta (Beta 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loaded up the beta last night and while I don’t get overly exited about updates much these days, this is really fucking cool. Absolutely the fastest I’ve ever dialed in a basic amp/cab tone, took about 5 seconds with the 65 Bassman/Bassman 2x12 and maybe 10-15 seconds with a 5153 Red Channel/5153 cab, then I spent a few minutes playing around with adding more mics to the same cab.

I LOVE that it’s seamless; I can’t remember what I tried before with the same idea that had gaps in between mic positions, but I felt like it was resetting my ears between each gap and that worked against how I hear things when moving an actual mic across a cab. The general way that plays out for me is hitting the sweet spot, moving a couple centimeters past it so I know I definitely hit it and then moving it back to the sweet spot. I think when more people get used to this, they’ll find they have an area they tend to go for and after a while, bee-lining for that spot will become the norm for a lot.

IE- I generally know on a high gain amp, on the majority of speakers I’ve mic’d, halfway between the cap and cone, a half inch from the grille is where I want to start and I’ll almost always get what I’m going for in that area.

Lastly, I hate the phrase “game changer”. The game is still the same. We’re searching for the best sound we can get with an IR. The only thing changed is the field getting smaller and the goalie nets/hoops getting bigger.

Did someone mention ringin' a bell? Try this one out...it's like heaven coming through the monitors. biggrin.gif

Edit: New version with a clean, lean, n mean.

Attachments

• ods one hunnerds v3.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
A re install won’t change the clip message it’s working like it should. I’d say you’ve been clipping at 50% and didn’t know it.
That is strange, even if it is correct.

No warning earlier with a Dimarzio Super Distortion or Transition pickups + a 30dB boost,
and now a strat with '56 vintage pickups straight in would make it clip? (at least get a warning)

If i set my 45/50 Cornell Plexi to 1.5, the strat would be low output and clean, but the SD would be loud and starting to overdrive, because of the output from the pickups. If i add a 30 dB boost we got rock'n roll:smilingimp:
It would be nice to understand how and why this has changed on the axe.

No warning earlier with a Dimarzio Super Distortion or Transition pickups + a 30dB boost,
and now a strat with '56 vintage pickups straight in would make it clip? (at least get a warning)

The only thing that changed was the addition of the indicator.
What do you see on the input 1 Meter on the HOME>Meters page?

Maybe something for the wish section after full release but given that many folks connect the dots by speaker reference as much as cab brand / name (ie: I understand what a V30 sound is as much (or more) than the type/brand of cab enclosure it's in), and similarly for microphones (ie: I intuitively understand what a specific mic sound is (ie 57,121...)), it would be beneficial to have the specific speaker / mic identification consistently represented within all of the drop down description entries for cab and mic in a standard format (ie: always have "_X" at the end of every entry name where "X" = speakerID or micID (a few cab dropdown entry descriptions follow this format currently))

Last edited:
Also a thing, maybe later, would be the ability to also use the other side the speaker. As for now you can only use one side of the speaker.

I read somewhere that they already did those sweeps and decided they didn’t sound as good as the ones they chose.

Usually because the other speakers and baffle interference

As explained here #292 I get no Auto Impedance interaction between Amp block SIC and Dyna-Cab selection using AMP2 or CAB 2.

All works great with AMP 1 and CAB 1 but nada for AMP 2 and CAB 2

Anyone else seeing this?

As explained here #292 I get no Auto Impedance interaction between Amp block SIC and Dyna-Cab selection using AMP2 or CAB 2.

Anyone else seeing this?
Yes, I am seeing the same thing. Also when you turn off the auto dynamic-cab imp. the curve changes to something else but the name of the curve in the window stays the same...sure looks like a bug.

Yep, you are correct.

Cliff’s answer in #180 of this thread is what I was referring in my reply. Searching back, Cliff did not actually use the word “always”, but his response left that impression with me. I was in no way trying to mislead anyone, just simply responding with what memory latched onto. Hope tomorrow is a better day for all.

Lee
No worries. Just bringing a little clarity.

Anyone else seeing this?
This is a real world equivalent. Hook up a bunch of different cabs to one amp. The amp has one speaker impedance control. Pick your poison. Also, in my case, I want to apply the 3 different mics to the same cabinet, and then position them and change the distance, to simulate what I see being done by pros on one speaker, in photos of studios. Since, I'm using the same cab 3 times, the impedance is correct.

Really start digging these Dyna Cabs. Takes a while to get your ears used to them after many years with Ownhammer 3rd party cabs, but I like them more and more!

EDIT; These Dyna Cabs are sick! Very clear sounding!

Anyway, is this what it should look like? The black form where you can type in number for position and distance instad of using the dials is only visible on the first slot.

Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 20.05.11.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom