Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta (Beta 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t looked at the Gearpage since they rebranded but I was interested in what people were saying about the dynacab feature.

That forum never lets you down. Might be the angriest group of incels.

I know we’re all Fractal fans but doesn’t the speaker modeling, mic modeling, and IR combined make it a dynamic cabinet? The GearPage incels seemed to indicate that the new dynacab was not dynamic because it was just IR only.

Either way, fun to read adult men shredding the keyboard more than their guitar.

I haven’t looked at the Gearpage since they rebranded but I was interested in what people were saying about the dynacab feature.

That forum never lets you down. Might be the angriest group of incels.

I know we’re all Fractal fans but doesn’t the speaker modeling, mic modeling, and IR combined make it a dynamic cabinet? The GearPage incels seemed to indicate that the new dynacab was not dynamic because it was just IR only.

Either way, fun to read adult men shredding the keyboard more than their guitar.
They're right it's just irs

Did you refresh the editor?
I’ll have to do that as well, as I see the same thing he does. However, I did NOT refresh the editor just because when I first started it up, it seemed to be re-reading everything, so I assumed that was an automatic refresh. I will try it too and see if that fixes it.

This is a real world equivalent. Hook up a bunch of different cabs to one amp. The amp has one speaker impedance control. Pick your poison. Also, in my case, I want to apply the 3 different mics to the same cabinet, and then position them and change the distance, to simulate what I see being done by pros on one speaker, in photos of studios. Since, I'm using the same cab 3 times, the impedance is correct.
What I am saying is that if both Amp1 and Amp 2 are hooked up to the same Cab (as in pict below) only Amp 1 tracks Auto Impedance when changing Cab 1 Dyna_Cab speakers (in slot 1).....Amp 2 does nothing....with Auto Impedance turned on on both Amps.

Test.png

...Anyway, is this what it should look like? The black form where you can type in number for position and distance instad of using the dials is only visible on the first slot.

View attachment 118477

Did you refresh the editor?
I'm seeing the same thing and I've done the refresh. Twice. If I hover over the Position or Distance knobs on Cabs 2, 3, and 4, I do see the value of that parameter, but it's not an editable field. Going to try reinstalling Axe-Edit next.
Axe-Edit Missing Fields.jpg

[Edit to add] I've re-installed Axe-Edit and I'm still seeing the same issue. I also noticed this has been reported in the Axe-Edit 1.13.00 thread here: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...s-fw-22-00-public-beta-6.193277/#post-2402407.

Last edited:
I'm seeing the same thing and I've done the refresh. Twice. If I hover over the Position or Distance knobs on Cabs 2, 3, and 4, I do see the value of that parameter, but it's not an editable field. Going to try reinstalling Axe-Edit next.
View attachment 118484
Yeah, mine have been like that from the get go.....been using the knob........just thought that's the way it is.....biggrin.gif

Same here, red/green is a real problem for me.
That'd explain those traffic citations. :)

Actually, before they started swapping out the lights and lenses in traffic signals to LEDs, I often had to rely on which was the brighter signal because, around here, the summer heat would cause the colors in the lens to fade, eventually causing them to be more like a gray with a bit of tint to it. And, for years I did landscape photography, and we'd be out to shoot, and my girlfriend would yell "WHOA! DID YOU SEE THOSE RED FLOWERS!", and of course, I didn't because I was driving and the reds get lost in the greens if I'm moving.

Last edited:
This is a real world equivalent. Hook up a bunch of different cabs to one amp. The amp has one speaker impedance control. Pick your poison. Also, in my case, I want to apply the 3 different mics to the same cabinet, and then position them and change the distance, to simulate what I see being done by pros on one speaker, in photos of studios. Since, I'm using the same cab 3 times, the impedance is correct.
Not really.

A real amp doesn't have a speaker impedance control.

It just reacts to the real speaker impedance of ALL connected speakers / cabs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom