Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta (Beta 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also it seems that copying channels and changing the cab/mic afterwards will generate some weirdness.

I've set up channel A to my liking (preamp, cuts etc) with the Mesa Straight using the dynamic and condenser mic. Then copying it over to channel B and just changing the dynamic mic to the Mesa Slanted while muting the condenser makes the Mesa Slanted dynamic considerable darker sounding as opposed to resetting the channel B and selecting the Mesa Slanted dynamic fresh after resetting the channel and adding the preamp, cuts etc again. Then it sounds a lot brighter.

Keep in mind I'm not talking about the difference between the two Mesa cabs, but the difference of the Slanted while doing the copying as opposed to starting from scratch. Dynamic mic is, in both instances (after copying and changing to Slanted and after a fresh new selection), reseted to "Cap" position.

This does not happen with just the dynamic mic on one channel and then copying it to another channel - then it sounds the same. But it happens for me if you copy a multi mic channel to another channel, muting the (in this case) the condenser and changing the dynamic to Slanted.

All channels have exact same settings regarding preamp, cuts etc.

EDIT: Here's a sound clip and the preset.

Clip 1 is Straight with the dynamic and condenser mic on Channel A, clip 2 is channel B with a copy from Channel A but with the Slanted cab with the dynamic at "Cap" position along with muted condenser. Clip 3 is the Slanted started from fresh (reseted the channel via CMD+I) and dynamic at "Cap" position.

Attachments

• MSA D-Recto RM (4x12 ST DYNCAB).syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I'm seeing the same thing and I've done the refresh. Twice. If I hover over the Position or Distance knobs on Cabs 2, 3, and 4, I do see the value of that parameter, but it's not an editable field. Going to try reinstalling Axe-Edit next.
View attachment 118484

[Edit to add] I've re-installed Axe-Edit and I'm still seeing the same issue. I also noticed this has been reported in the Axe-Edit 1.13.00 thread here: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...s-fw-22-00-public-beta-6.193277/#post-2402407.
Mine is the same way as well. I just use the mouse to move the dot around. I like hitting an A chord and moving manually anyway. Dials in easier.

At the beginning of my playing session yesterday I clipped at around 47% with my medium output Duncan Saturday Night Specials; I decided to revisit the I/O page hours later due to the comments, and I got the warning as I hit the high 80s.

Still, I haven’t been able to get the clip warning to appear again, no matter how much I bash on the strings. So what caused it to flash?

Very strange, I plugged in today and twiddled the input AD. Now I can go up to 40% without clipping. I wonder what is up.

Dude, I was able to go about 25% higher on mine after running it for a few hours!

No warning earlier with a Dimarzio Super Distortion or Transition pickups + a 30dB boost,
and now a strat with '56 vintage pickups straight in would make it clip? (at least get a warning)

Just collecting some of the reports about input clipping. Probably ok if different users are setting it at different levels, but the indicator changing over time with the same user / guitar is a bit strange.

Disclaimer : I am pulling a “YouTuber” move here, I haven’t actually installed the new firmware 🙈

Just collecting some of the reports about input clipping. Probably ok if different users are setting it at different levels, but the indicator changing over time with the same user / guitar is a bit strange.

Disclaimer : I am pulling a “YouTuber” move here, I haven’t actually installed the new firmware 🙈
Once you do install, if you try a few different guitars, you will probably find they all have different clip percentages. Mine sure did. I set the sensitivity to the hottest guitar and left it there.

Once you do install, if you try a few different guitars, you will probably find they all have different clip percentages. Mine sure did. I set the sensitivity to the hottest guitar and left it there.
That is totally normal and to be expected. Different guitars and pickups, strings, type of pick, strings, how hard you pick, etc. all have an effect.
You did exactly how it should be. Pick your hottest pickup guitar then set it and forget it.
I had several hot or med-hot pickup guitars, so I ended up trying the hottest one last, just to be sure that the med-hot ones didn't set it off lower than what should have been my hottest pickups.

By the way, just for everyone's info, I did not have to reset my A/D sensitivity for this firmware I set it a long time ago and have not had the clip notice show up on the AX3 with 22b6, yet.

Seems to me that ideally.....both Amp 1 and Amp 2 should follow Cab 1 SIC in this example:

View attachment 118493

....and Amp 1 should follow Cab 1SIC, while Amp 2 follows Cab 2 SIC in this example:

View attachment 118494

With Auto SIC turned on in both Amp/Speaker pages.

IMO that’s too much to ask for. You can’t expect the firmware / UI to take into consideration every kind of routing on the grid.

I’m not sure that the speaker extra parameters works the same as for the legacy one. I have tried the speaker drive, thump this and that and they are way less effective. As dyna cab is another thing, maybe these parameters are not really done for them . But all of this still in beta, axe edit needs a lot of visual fixes. Like the dot moving in cab 1 and 2 when you are tweaking cab 3 etc …

And where in what sized room the cab is.

And can we move everything on this side od the room to that side of the room and everything on that side of the room to this side of the room? And can we gave the whole front of the room open up on a great big hinge, so we can get in with a garage door opener?
Yeeeeaaaa

And a studio simulator, with all the famous studios list ! You click, bim! Abbey roads !

Also an option to have the sound of everyone’s home using google map 🤣🕺🏻

Seems to me that ideally.....both Amp 1 and Amp 2 should follow Cab 1 SIC in this example:
I'm sure we'll see simple cases like that handled properly in the production version. The beta is obviously missing some features in the interest of quickly getting it into people's hands for testing. Keep in mind though that it might not be reasonable to expect the IC to be automatically updated in more complex cases.

Last edited:

Since you quoted me, I'll add that my input settings are working perfectly as they always have. A forum member posted several plausible explanations for why I got that single clip warning, and I'm not concerned at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom