Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta #6 (Beta 12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...e-fx-3/22p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_22p00_beta12.zip

This fixes a couple display bugs in clients, i.e. Axe-Edit, improves channel/scene switching time, adds another Dyna-Cab and adds some impedance curves.

WARNING!!! Dyna-Cab data WILL change for the final release version and any presets you create with this public beta may need to be manually edited to correct shifts in the location of the cabinets. If you are not comfortable with this caveat do NOT install this firmware.

The firmware is now comprised of two components: a main firmware image and a Dyna-Cab data image. BOTH must be installed!

INSTRUCTIONS. FOLLOW CAREFULLY!!!
-------------------------------------------------

1. Make sure Fractal-Bot is the latest version.

2. Extract the firmware .syx file and the dyna_cabs_1p04.syx file from the archive.

3. Install the the new firmware as usual. After rebooting you will see a warning that the Dyna-Cab data is not installed or the wrong version. Press Exit.

4. Install the Dyna-Cab data. Drag-and-drop dyna_cabs_1p04.syx onto Fractal-Bot as you would a firmware image. Send the data. Reboot when instructed.
================================

Here's a link to the required version of Axe-Edit:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...supports-fw-22-00-public-beta-6-and-9.193277/
The AxeEdit version linked here is not the latest (1.13.01) : https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...pports-fw-22-00-public-beta-5-beta-11.194562/

It seems like you might want to turn on "Prompt on Edited Preset Change," in Setup, Global Settings, General. I'm thinking you're tweaking then pressing the button to load the preset you're already on. That will, if this parameter is set to Off, revert any settings you just tweaked to their saved state. No matter the state of that parameter, if you want to keep any tweaks, just save the preset before reselecting the preset with the foot controller.

What were you trying to do with the foot press? There might be a good way to achieve what you originally wanted.
I was pressing the button again to get back to the original saved preset. I was in presets mode. The channel would resort to the original sound from when I saved it, just the mid knob would stay the same in axe edit from when I was tweaking it. Like I said, I am new to the FC-12. Thanks for the pointer. I'm just scratching the surface of the FC-12 possibilities

Possible bug. I just got an FC-12 so maybe this is normal. When I am working on a preset and dial in a tone I will save it. I will then tweak it by dialing in some more mids or something in the amp block. Then I will step on the same button on the FC-12 to come back to the original patch to do a little A/B. When I do this the knob will be in the "tweaked " position, not the saved position. ie. the saved position will be at noon and the tweaked position will be at 3.
Pressing the footswitch for the current preset does not 'reload' the preset regardless of the 'Prompt on Edit' setting and any tweaked settings remain but are not saved even though the 'Save' or 'Edited' light turns off. In order to revert back to the saved settings, another preset needs to be selected then switch back to the original preset.

If you're wanting to compare different settings in a preset, the Snapshot tool (Camera icon - top right in Axe Edit III), is the ideal way to do this.

Requests are boring because we will be in beta until the end of the year if they do them all 😅. But I have to admit that… having a 8x10 … The fridge ♥️. I am actually doing another record where I do all the instruments, and for bass I use the svt of the axe 3 with a 8x10 IR. I am curious about a dynacab version of this IMG_7835.jpeg

Requests are boring because we will be in beta until the end of the year if they do them all 😅. But I have to admit that… having a 8x10 … The fridge ♥️. I am actually doing another record where I do all the instruments, and for bass I use the svt of the axe 3 with a 8x10 IR. I am curious about a dynacab version of this View attachment 121443
But it'll make the unit so much heavier. It's already a lot to carry with all those 4x12s in it.

Requests are boring because we will be in beta until the end of the year if they do them all 😅. But I have to admit that… having a 8x10 … The fridge ♥️. I am actually doing another record where I do all the instruments, and for bass I use the svt of the axe 3 with a 8x10 IR. I am curious about a dynacab version of this View attachment 121443
You need that bass in a left handed version.

The Ampeg 8x10 is a classic staple of rock bass and I fully expect it to be included in the final release. Cliff did say that they'll include several bass cabs and I can't wait to try them all out (especially the 8x10).

I'd say the included guitar cabs cover most, if not all of my needs for guitars. Can't wait for the bass updates!

The Ampeg 8x10 is a classic staple of rock bass and I fully expect it to be included in the final release. Cliff did say that they'll include several bass cabs and I can't wait to try them all out (especially the 8x10).

I'd say the included guitar cabs cover most, if not all of my needs for guitars. Can't wait for the bass updates!
I still don’t get why bass never got love as there are bass in every records (except justice for all ok ok), and that is it a key element in a mix to have a huge tone.
maybe bassists are not geeks like guitarist in general, and most of them are guitarist first, but they are also bassists that are interested in gear 🤷.

The more I get experienced, the more I have understood that records that sound « heavy » have a well recorded bass.

Last edited:
I still don’t get why bass never got love as there are bass in every records (except justice for all ok ok), and that is it a key element in a mix to have a huge tone.
maybe bassists are not geeks like guitarist in general, and most of them are guitarist first, but they are also bassists that are interested in gear 🤷.

The more I get experienced, the more I have understood that records that sound « heavy » have a well recorded bass.
There's threads on TalkBass that lament the lack of bass amps in the Fractal units. There's several threads on this very forum and TGP that express that sentiment too.

The philosophy seems to be every guitar amp is also a bass amp when paired with the correct cab.

You just have to look at the @austinbuddy bass presets to understand bass is very possible with the axe fx 3.
Thanks
Pauly

There's threads on TalkBass that lament the lack of bass amps in the Fractal units. There's several threads on this very forum and TGP that express that sentiment too.

The philosophy seems to be every guitar amp is also a bass amp when paired with the correct cab.

Yes you know … that’s a way to skip the problem like saying that you can use guitar effects pedals.. yes it works… but it is not design for bass frequencies…
they are already many heads in the unit and it is already possible to have a nice tone on bass with the 3, That’s not really the point.
But we just have the minimum.
I said « we » even if I am guitarist first, but I play bass in 3 bands and really like this instrument too.

Last edited:
But I understand that they don’t have time for everything and that they got « priorities ». It is a smaller market. Smaller market because no one’s really care doing something complete. The day someone will do something huge for bassists, with everything… (even a bass synth !) you’ll see if they won’t sell their product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom