Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta #6 (Beta 12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...e-fx-3/22p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_22p00_beta12.zip

This fixes a couple display bugs in clients, i.e. Axe-Edit, improves channel/scene switching time, adds another Dyna-Cab and adds some impedance curves.

WARNING!!! Dyna-Cab data WILL change for the final release version and any presets you create with this public beta may need to be manually edited to correct shifts in the location of the cabinets. If you are not comfortable with this caveat do NOT install this firmware.

The firmware is now comprised of two components: a main firmware image and a Dyna-Cab data image. BOTH must be installed!

INSTRUCTIONS. FOLLOW CAREFULLY!!!
-------------------------------------------------

1. Make sure Fractal-Bot is the latest version.

2. Extract the firmware .syx file and the dyna_cabs_1p04.syx file from the archive.

3. Install the the new firmware as usual. After rebooting you will see a warning that the Dyna-Cab data is not installed or the wrong version. Press Exit.

4. Install the Dyna-Cab data. Drag-and-drop dyna_cabs_1p04.syx onto Fractal-Bot as you would a firmware image. Send the data. Reboot when instructed.
================================

Here's a link to the required version of Axe-Edit:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...supports-fw-22-00-public-beta-6-and-9.193277/

Many thanks...I just stop some recording with the previous Beta release and switch some Cab to the new Dana and I was amazed with the sound...also I receive a good feedback from the producer, he didn't know what I did but he can hear the changed he likes a lot...He's still a bit skeptical about the use of modelers, he's a bit old school with amps and tubes, which is fine, but I know he's commented that unlike others he's heard Fractal makes a very good impression on him.

Thanks Cliff for this great job you and the Fractal team are making...!!!

I find that after installing the dynacabs syx file, i have to manually refresh after new firmware. Maybe it adds value to include this in the installation instructions.
That probably is a good idea. We see so many people not doing that in the beta threads, and that's a hint that there's a need for something more obvious.

Normally Edit will see that the version number has changed and will automatically rescan if the preference is set, but beta versions, and the Dyna-Cab file mess with its ability to sense the change. Maybe the embedded Fractal-Bot could sense the Dyna-Cab file and set a flag for Edit telling it to automatically run the "Refresh After New Firmware" cycle.

Or, maybe Cliff could have the modeler display an alert after the Dyna-Cab file is loaded, similar to the alert saying we need to load the Dyna-Cab file, or maybe incorporate it into that alert.

One thing I've noticed: After sending the firmware and rebooting, I get the "Dyna-cabs not installed" message. If I try and send the Dyna-cab file via Fracbot then, the Axe-Fx won't recognize it. The error screen will just stay there while Fracbot sends the Dyna-cab file, but no transfer actually happens. I have to press "exit" on the error message on the Axe-Fx, and THEN send the Dyna-cab file for the transfer to actually work.

Is there a way to change this perhaps? Make the Axe-Fx switch to the "receiving Dyna-cabs" whenever it senses that a transfer is initiating?

One thing I've noticed: After sending the firmware and rebooting, I get the "Dyna-cabs not installed" message. If I try and send the Dyna-cab file via Fracbot then, the Axe-Fx won't recognize it. The error screen will just stay there while Fracbot sends the Dyna-cab file, but no transfer actually happens. I have to press "exit" on the error message on the Axe-Fx, and THEN send the Dyna-cab file for the transfer to actually work.

Is there a way to change this perhaps? Make the Axe-Fx switch to the "receiving Dyna-cabs" whenever it senses that a transfer is initiating?
3. Install the the new firmware as usual. After rebooting you will see a warning that the Dyna-Cab data is not installed or the wrong version. Press Exit.

so excellent !!! thanks Cliff for always delivering so great pleasure with the AFX :)

Thanks a lot, my best investment in music gear ever.
I find that after installing the dynacabs syx file, i have to manually refresh after new firmware. Maybe it adds value to include this in the installation instructions.
FYI I believe that behaviour only occurs with Betas and not full releases.

Either version works at this point, the updates in the newer version 1-13-01 are:

"NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Support for firmware 22.00
o Corrected the AMP Speaker page so that the "Speaker Imp. Curve" dropdown is disabled when "Auto Dyna-Cab Imp" is ON.
o Corrected the CAB block's Dyna-Cab layout to include readouts for the Position and Distance parameters in slots 2, 3, and 4.
o Added "4 Band JMPRE-1" layout to the GEQ."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom