Axe-Edit III 1.13.00 (supports fw 22.00 public beta 6, 9, 10, 12)

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
Axe-Edit III 1.13.00 provides support for Axe-Fx III firmware 22.00 public betas 6 and 9

The editor is available below:

OSX
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/Axe-Edit-III-OSX-v1p13p00.dmg

Win64
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/Axe-Edit-III-Win-v1p13p00.exe

Win32
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/Axe-Edit-III-Win32-v1p13p00.exe

RELEASE NOTES

VERSION 1.13.00
MARCH 27, 2023

Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 22.00

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 3.02

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Support for firmware 22.00
o Added "Treble Shift" control to the USA IIC+ AMP models.
o Added "Auto Dyna-Cab Imp." control to the AMP Speaker page.
o Added Dyna-Cab support to the CAB layout.

* Modifications to support Fractal-Bot version 3.0.16: Added Dyna-Cab firmware support for the Axe-Fx III. Requires Axe-Fx III 22.00 or greater.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fast as a shark with those editor updates. I do approve. Millions of thanks... as I am too lazy assed to try anything before I have proper computer interface updated rather than hunchback in front of my rack and trying fiddle to AXE-FX front panel

Last edited:
Thank you Mr Pickens, sir. Was planning to do the 22 Beta tonight and I have a day off tomorrow as I am waiting at home for delivery of a new guitar. I have synchronicity working in my favour. I should probably buy a lottery ticket.

Incredible! thank you, GUI representation and functionality is just what I hoped for

Last edited:
Added "Treble Shift" control to the USA IIC+ AMP models

Where would that be - see presence shift only - thanks great stuff

Will position and distance be eventually mappable to a CC? That would be wacky but interesting, moving the mic in realtime virtually… Could be handy to do it with the foot controller while playing to find the best sweet spot (yeah, I know you could do it with looper too).

Axe-Fx3 new cab sim.png

Noticed a couple of small issues:
  1. The 0.0 position does not draw the dot at the very center of the cone graphic. Center of dot should be on the line I drew in the screenshot.
  2. Cab 2 does not draw Position and Distance values and the knobs are shifted up. I'd prefer like Cab 1 to be the behavior as there's room to show them always.
  3. When changing level, pan, the graphics and position/distance controls can jiggle a bit. Unnecessary redraw?
  4. Lag in position/distance controls changing when moving the dot with the mouse. It seems that lag gets worse for cabs 2-4 than cab 1?
I'd also recommend adding the dotted line I drew in there because it can help the user understand "why can I only drag this dot on one side of the cone?" behavior.

Agree that the hitbox for the dot could be larger than the graphic representation.

Also arrow keys would be nice for adjusting the mic position if the graphic is selected.

Last edited:
Do the parameters on the device respond (more) immediately?
Yes they do, they are immediate.

I'm guessing that Axe-Edit is querying all cab slot parameters no matter what you are updating so it then redraws everything and that causes some jiggle and lag in the controls. Since e.g cab 4 is later in the dataset and probably re-rendered later, it can cause just enough delay to be noticeable to the user.

A bigger problem is that the position/distance controls can sometimes jump around as you move the dot and that's a bit jarring. I don't know how easy it would be to do something like "update UI before sending to Axe-Fx" to avoid this or use some debounce/throttle functions to reduce the number of updates going on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom