Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta #6 (Beta 12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont understand the bass comments that constantly come up. The axefx3 is the single best piece of gear for bass ive ever seen/used. All the effects pair great, especially with all the sonic capabilities available with cuts, eqs, etc. The ONLy thing I do that isnt stock is use dr bonkers mesa boogie IRs, because theyre ridiculous. I have zero feature requests for bass (other than improving tracking on some pitch effects), have everything I could ever imagine needing.

The Ampeg 8x10 is a classic staple of rock bass and I fully expect it to be included in the final release. Cliff did say that they'll include several bass cabs and I can't wait to try them all out (especially the 8x10).

I'd say the included guitar cabs cover most, if not all of my needs for guitars. Can't wait for the bass updates!
My bass player owns Dug Pinnicks old SVT stack. He's had it since the 80's and it still kicks ass!

I dont understand the bass comments that constantly come up. The axefx3 is the single best piece of gear for bass ive ever seen/used. All the effects pair great, especially with all the sonic capabilities available with cuts, eqs, etc. The ONLy thing I do that isnt stock is use dr bonkers mesa boogie IRs, because theyre ridiculous. I have zero feature requests for bass (other than improving tracking on some pitch effects), have everything I could ever imagine needing.
If they constantly come up is that there is a lack of something 🤷. even line 6 got a gallien Krueger, a sunn, Aguilar, Mesa carbin, Pearce preamp … they are many things that exist for bass, not only an ampeg and a cab .
So that’s ok to request another guitar head when we have 300 in the unit but not ok when we have 10 bass heads ?
I know dynacab are not over and that bass cabs are coming, but at the moment, a 2x10 (!!) and a 1x15 between 30 guitar cabs? 😅
“We” feel like mandolin player sometimes .

Last edited:
The virtual capo and synth iirc dont track to a low E or below. There’s barely any bass amps or cabs. There is massive room for improvement for bassists, and I recognize that as a guitarist. One player not having an issue does not speak for all the players.

The virtual capo and synth iirc dont track to a low E or below. There’s barely any bass amps or cabs. There is massive room for improvement for bassists, and I recognize that as a guitarist. One player not having an issue does not speak for all the players.

As someone who plays both in roughly equal measure, I'm absolutely here for any and all improvements in the bass section. Getting Dyna versions of Darkglass's 8x10 and 4x12 cabs would be killer. I had to shoot captures though an Element for the ones I currently use.

Let's be honest. Most bass is just direct to console 😄

And a lot of guitar is done in the DAW … 🤷‍♂️

I like to do it in the AxeFx3

Excited Samuel L Jackson GIF by The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard

I'm a total convert to the Dyna-Cab way. I'm finding cab settings that resonate (with me and IRL) so fast it's kind of nutty.

Had a great afternoon with my Silver Sky and this preset pretending to be Mayer on the Dead and Co tour.

Attachments

• Double D.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 36
Well, great FANATIC of FAS shit here. I play and record guitar and bass to the point of that I don’t really think that I’m a bass or a guitar player. Musician and producer instead, is what I say.

I miss, more than a variety of bass amps (some Ashdown Evo line or Eden (lovely ones … would be GREATLY appreciated) I miss more bass cabinet variety, more accurate to reality, could be better for me. The ones I tried on the FX III aren’t real life to me.

The ultimate bass sound I achieved with the AFX III was with the Mesa Bass Head. And even sounding great, the last session I did in studio with a band as producer, the bass track was the one I’ve recorded with a Darkglass BK7 using an impulse response included with the preamp.
To me, unbeatable tool for bass recording right now. Maybe bass is destined to be a DI instrument …

Well, great FANATIC of FAS shit here. I play and record guitar and bass to the point of that I don’t really think that I’m a bass or a guitar player. Musician and producer instead, is what I say.

I miss, more than a variety of bass amps (some Ashdown Evo line or Eden (lovely ones … would be GREATLY appreciated) I miss more bass cabinet variety, more accurate to reality, could be better for me. The ones I tried on the FX III aren’t real life to me.

The ultimate bass sound I achieved with the AFX III was with the Mesa Bass Head. And even sounding great, the last session I did in studio with a band as producer, the bass track was the one I’ve recorded with a Darkglass BK7 using an impulse response included with the preamp.
To me, unbeatable tool for bass recording right now. Maybe bass is destined to be a DI instrument …
Markbass heads are pretty amazing for the size/weight And their cabs are ♥️. Nothing impressed me more than this brand these last 20 years (in bass domain)

I have played with a Mesa walkabout head on tour, axe 2, helix … I have tried quite everything for recording : direct, tube head in a loadbox this and that. This time I choose the svt 2 of the axe 3 that fit the best with the actual record. When you go direct you lose the headroom, it is … flat ? A lack of personality in the tone .

Don’t know what to say about darkglass . I have tried 3 pedals and didn’t like them, I don’t like the sound when it is distorted. I never tried one “direct” maybe that’s it .

Markbass heads are pretty amazing for the size/weight And their cabs are ♥️. Nothing impressed me more than this brand these last 20 years (in bass domain)

I have played with a Mesa walkabout head on tour, axe 2, helix … I have tried quite everything for recording : direct, tube head in a loadbox this and that. This time I choose the svt 2 of the axe 3 that fit the best with the actual record. When you go direct you lose the headroom, it is … flat ? A lack of personality in the tone .

Don’t know what to say about darkglass . I have tried 3 pedals and didn’t like them, I don’t like the sound when it is distorted. I never tried one “direct” maybe that’s it .
My B7k has the IR loading option for the balanced out. I think that this is the 70% of the sound. I had and played lots of bass gear and this is a killer one.
I am wishing to put my hands on the DynaCab bass cabs that Cliff and the team for sure are working on. Tomorrow I’ll try the 15” ampeg dynacab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom