Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta #4 (Beta 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems the only problems with this beta are…
1) INSTRUCTIONS. FOLLOW CAREFULLY!!! (Mentioned on the release notes… in high caps)
2) Where to say ‘thank you’ (and the confusion with it)
3) What microphones were used. (Because it matters) Right?
4). Lastly… ‘Do I need to update Axe Edit, or Fractal Bot?’ (check number 1)

Potential bug maybe?? Geez 🤦‍♂️

So the moral of the story is, don't say thanks and refresh after new firmware. Oh, and don't talk about saying thanks and clogging the thread. Especially with nonsense like this! My mother always taught me to say thank you, thanks Cliff!

My mom did too, so thanks Cliff! It's great to have the Vox AC30 cab. (The word police are everywhere now days.)

Some of my favorite factory cabs are the Rumble cabs. Especially Factory 2 #926 and #938. Both are off-x cabs. I have not been able to duplicate this with Dyna-cabs so far. If it becomes possible in the future it would be great to have off-x cab options.

How about “click here to report any issues” in the release notes/firmware announcement?
Thanks
Pauly
An exercise in futility if you ask me. It’s probably easier to create another thread for bug reports with every release, if the developers really want to.
The release threads start off with thanks, then audio samples, tips etc. and then go into unrelated topics as time passes. Don’t fight evolution 🙂

Holy cow!

Here's my old Matchless preset with the old IR's:

Here's the same clip with the DynaCab IR's:

These DynaCab's are a game changer! Tried to match the overall frequency response of the old IR preset, and it took me about 20 mins to dial in 8 cabs with 3 different mics (that would have taken hours and hours of IR diving previously).

I'm hearing more clarity throughout the frequency range, more treble detail, and a touch more low-end. The old preset sounds a little "honky" to me now, haha.

It kinda sounds like the DynaCab version is in the same room and the old IR version is in the next room.

Two suggestions.

1. If you want people to go to a separate thread for thank you's, I think the best place for such instruction would be in the original post from Cliff. There are people who read nothing but posts from Cliff, so having other posts claim you should be using a separate thread for thank you's could easily be ignored by some users. I personally would write a script to scan the thread to find issues, and demand that users put the words "Bug" and/or "Question" in their post if it was related to development of the Beta, but a separate thank you page is fine with me, I just think it needs to be more prominently displayed. POST ONLY BUG AND QUESTION REPORTS BELOW - THANK YOU'S AND ENTHUSIASM CAN BE POSTED HERE!

2. If there are elements that are necessary for a new Beta to be installed/run (i.e. Fractal Bot, Axe Edit, etc.). I would like links to those specific items in the original post. I realize that the new Axe Edit link is in this and other Beta OP's, but the Fractal Bot link would be helpful as well. Yes, you can go to another post to find it, but you could do the same for the Axe Edit as well. Point is, make the initial post as complete as possible so that one does not need to visit multiple threads to implement a new beta.

Per new policies and restrictions, I will not thank you here (but I am thinking it) as I want to be in full compliance ;~))
Can we have another thread for the send thank-you messages to another thread thread?

Some people think that thanking Fractal on these threads is brownnosing. Some have written that the thanks are "performative." To me, these are cynical assumptions, and just plain wrong. As I'm sure many forum members can relate, I've dealt with many guitar gear companies that just plain suck. Few updates, bugs never fixed, gear that's poorly designed, bad customer service, etc. It really is so different with FAS that it just continually surprises me. To me the business model here is a little example of the way it should be: someone follows their heart to create something their way, they improve on it because of their passion, and it's rolled out as it's ready for primetime.

One could flip the characterization the other way: is the vocal stoicism criticizing gratitude performative? Is it the most weird and awkward attempt at machismo, or some weird level of trying to keep fellow students in class in line? I'm not trying to denigrate those who disagree with me, I'm just pointing out that insults don't win arguments, and they aren't divining rods to truth. I do understand that developers need an efficient way to sift through bug reports, and I do think it would be good to have labels on posts, the same way we have labels for threads that are marked Bug. And I still have no idea what the people at FAS want from beta threads, if it's just bug reports, or if suggestions for more helpful implementation are good, and where the line is for when Cliff gets pissed off and thinks people are just complaining and not just trying to offer helpful suggestions. To me, I just see enthusiasm for new technology, and a ton of people offering ideas to make features work better in particular contexts. But I'm not an engineer, electrical or software, I just play guitar.

I can't stand rude people, in person or online. It's too common, and I mean that in both senses of the word. Ezra Klein interviewed a journalist specializing in internet culture, asking for advice on guidelines for people to act online. She responded, "Try not to be insufferable." God, I want that tattooed on my forehead. I think it's right, and classy, to say thanks, especially when the gifts are extraordinary. I understand also that Cliff wrote that he agrees with the idea of replacing thanks with a click. Okay, no problem. But I think denigrating those who show gratitude is really a vindictive spinster librarian vibe.

If you want to see actual brownnosing on this forum, just write something critical of any famous rocker, and you'll see enough naked sycophantism to last you a lifetime. But I don't at all consider gratitude here to be the actions of a lickspittle; to me it's just class and good manners.

That said, I can't wait to have a chance to play guitar again and try the new cabinets as well as the transpose feature. Again, in lieu of thanks, I've emotionlessly clicked "like" to suppress the fervor with which I think these updates are freaking incredible.

Holy cow!

Here's my old Matchless preset with the old IR's:

Here's the same clip with the DynaCab IR's:

These DynaCab's are a game changer! Tried to match the overall frequency response of the old IR preset, and it took me about 20 mins to dial in 8 cabs with 3 different mics (that would have taken hours and hours of IR diving previously).

I'm hearing more clarity throughout the frequency range, more treble detail, and a touch more low-end. The old preset sounds a little "honky" to me now, haha.

It kinda sounds like the DynaCab version is in the same room and the old IR version is in the next room.

Great tone! What’s the signal path? What guitar are you using too?

Firmware Friday arriving like
party yes GIF by Go Jetters

On top of no thank you's. I think we should stop saying AxeFX III and use the term (algorithmic processing machine ) or I'm gonna be offended.
Great entertainment as always and you got way to much time on your hands

Some people think that thanking Fractal on these threads is brownnosing. Some have written that the thanks are "performative." To me, these are cynical assumptions, and just plain wrong. As I'm sure many forum members can relate, I've dealt with many guitar gear companies that just plain suck. Few updates, bugs never fixed, gear that's poorly designed, bad customer service, etc. It really is so different with FAS that it just continually surprises me. To me the business model here is a little example of the way it should be: someone follows their heart to create something their way, they improve on it because of their passion, and it's rolled out as it's ready for primetime.

One could flip the characterization the other way: is the vocal stoicism criticizing gratitude performative? Is it the most weird and awkward attempt at machismo, or some weird level of trying to keep fellow students in class in line? I'm not trying to denigrate those who disagree with me, I'm just pointing out that insults don't win arguments, and they aren't divining rods to truth. I do understand that developers need an efficient way to sift through bug reports, and I do think it would be good to have labels on posts, the same way we have labels for threads that are marked Bug. And I still have no idea what the people at FAS want from beta threads, if it's just bug reports, or if suggestions for more helpful implementation are good, and where the line is for when Cliff gets pissed off and thinks people are just complaining and not just trying to offer helpful suggestions. To me, I just see enthusiasm for new technology, and a ton of people offering ideas to make features work better in particular contexts. But I'm not an engineer, electrical or software, I just play guitar.

I can't stand rude people, in person or online. It's too common, and I mean that in both senses of the word. Ezra Klein interviewed a journalist specializing in internet culture, asking for advice on guidelines for people to act online. She responded, "Try not to be insufferable." God, I want that tattooed on my forehead. I think it's right, and classy, to say thanks, especially when the gifts are extraordinary. I understand also that Cliff wrote that he agrees with the idea of replacing thanks with a click. Okay, no problem. But I think denigrating those who show gratitude is really a vindictive spinster librarian vibe.

If you want to see actual brownnosing on this forum, just write something critical of any famous rocker, and you'll see enough naked sycophantism to last you a lifetime. But I don't at all consider gratitude here to be the actions of a lickspittle; to me it's just class and good manners.

That said, I can't wait to have a chance to play guitar again and try the new cabinets as well as the transpose feature. Again, in lieu of thanks, I've emotionlessly clicked "like" to suppress the fervor with which I think these updates are freaking incredible.
This entire post is insufferable. The new cabs sound great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom