Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta #4 (Beta 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy cow!

Here's my old Matchless preset with the old IR's:

Here's the same clip with the DynaCab IR's:

These DynaCab's are a game changer! Tried to match the overall frequency response of the old IR preset, and it took me about 20 mins to dial in 8 cabs with 3 different mics (that would have taken hours and hours of IR diving previously).

I'm hearing more clarity throughout the frequency range, more treble detail, and a touch more low-end. The old preset sounds a little "honky" to me now, haha.

It kinda sounds like the DynaCab version is in the same room and the old IR version is in the next room.

Awesome! Do you like to share the preset?

The AC30 used for this Dyna-Cab was provided by a customer. It's a particularly nice sounding AC30 and I think it's because of the speakers. Also, this particular AC30 has "beam blockers" both vertically and horizontally. Most AC30s just have a vertical strip. This one has a cross pattern.
Those beam blockers definitely give a cabinet a certain character, but man… they can be a real pain to mic up with wild upper-mid reflections the closer you get to those beams. Reading your post is giving me PTSD remembering a couple beam blocker cabs I’ve had to mic up in the past.

Gonna download this bad boy now and check out the Silver goodness. I’ve got a quad of ‘67 Silvers and absolutely LOVE those speakers!

I haven't been up to date with any betas or the beta threads but dyna cabs seem to be the cat's meow. Curious to see if users here are finding they are /will use dyna cabs primarily in favor of thousands of IR's in our libraries? Assuming these dynacabs are as good as what is being reported i'd gladly stick to a small collection of fantastic cabs.

I haven't been up to date with any betas or the beta threads but dyna cabs seem to be the cat's meow. Curious to see if users here are finding they are /will use dyna cabs primarily in favor of thousands of IR's in our libraries? Assuming these dynacabs are as good as what is being reported i'd gladly stick to a small collection of fantastic cabs.

Yeah, totally. I've been pining for this feature since I bought the Axe-FX III. I would only return to a static IR as a challenge, not a preference. 😊

Overloud did a great job on their super cab but their cab choices aren’t great. The Fractal ones are stellar.

Also put a Matchless C-30 on the new Vox cab for great results.

It's all good for a plug and play user like me.
I am not a huge tweaker.

Dyna Cabs are a great option for the more advanced or discerning users though.

I do run a Matrix power amp into a real 1x12 V30 cab and bypass all the Axe3 cabs sometimes if that says anything.

I have some 3rd party IRs and was mainly using a handful of Factory IRs paired with Redwirez IRs depending upon the amp.

The jury was still out with me until the Chieftan and Class A 30W Dyna Cabs were added in this release. I'm using the Class A 30W and Matchbox D-30 EF86 models a lot lately and had messed around with the AC20 and Hot Kitty Dyna Cabs to see if I could make them work. While I really liked the feel and openness of the Dyna Cabs, the tone was missing some midrange focus of the other IRs I was using so I went back to the Legacy cabs.

Took some time last night to sit down with the Chieftan and Class A 30W cabs with the different mics, comparing different configurations with my legacy IR mix. I now have pretty much the same tone as the legacy IRs with a very noticeable difference in the feel, dynamics and width of the soundstage. The legacy cabs still sound great but I'm sold on the Dyna Cabs at this point.

Here's the preset I used for testing. Scene 1 is the Dyna Cab type, Scene 2 is the Legacy Cab type. The Carol-Ann 57 E is the closest Factory IR I could find to the Redwirez Weber I was using.

Attachments

• Dyna Cab Matchbox Test.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 31
Def sold on DynaCab - no way I'll go back to stock IRs and/or 3rd pty libs (even Mikko) + having to find/set an IC in legacy mode. No contest - DynaCab rules: quick, easy, less tweaking, more playing 👍

Great tone! What’s the signal path? What guitar are you using too?

Awesome! Do you like to share the preset?
Hey, thanks guys! I'm one of those weirdo's that runs a pedalboard into the Axe III, so I'm not sure the preset would help much (just tried to attach the preset file but can't get it to attach). It's basically two DC30 EF86 channels into 4 cabs on each side. I use the Ribbon mic twice, Dynamic once and Condenser once. The two Ribbon's have slightly different placement.

I run this into the Axe. I've tried going all in, but I "play" my pedalboard and need access to the knobs quite often. IMG_3508.jpg

Hey, thanks guys! I'm one of those weirdo's that runs a pedalboard into the Axe III, so I'm not sure the preset would help much (just tried to attach the preset file but can't get it to attach). It's basically two DC30 EF86 channels into 4 cabs on each side. I use the Ribbon mic twice, Dynamic once and Condenser once. The two Ribbon's have slightly different placement.

I run this into the Axe. I've tried going all in, but I "play" my pedalboard and need access to the knobs quite often. View attachment 120940
Got ya! Thanks for sharing! That’s a rad setup! What guitar were you using?

You guys realize how weird it is to be telling people on a forum what to do when you’re not a moderator, right? To me, this comment is absolutely condescending and absolutely gives off a vibe that doesn’t encourage participation. First, some of you guys were giving people crap for not being appreciative enough, now you’re telling how and where to do it! SMH
The many

"Thank you"
"I will try this when I get home from work "
"Looking forward to trying this "

And then later people repeating each other's questions because they don't read 10 pages of mostly nothing... are the main reasons I've stopped reading release threads past page two or so. So in a way you could also say that THAT behaviour discourages participation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom