Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta #4 (Beta 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We gotta remember this FW is still in the beta phase and Cliff has been kind enough to release new versions of it as more cabs are finished. There are typically kinks to work out and they may not be as high on the priority list during the beta phase so are not addressed as much, or as quickly, as some would like. Another beta may or may not address some the SIC 'issues' that have been experienced but we should all be quite confident though that FAS is working on the minutia for the final release or release candidate.
Have to wonder what prompts this statement, and the suggestion peeps may have forgotten it's a beta - The many (but necessary # of) posts related to confirming that SIC issue / anomaly are exactly what would typically be expected in a beta testing environment conversation, and there was no suggestion in that interaction that anyone was overly concerned about priority or speed of resolution as we understand these things are Fractal's call to assess - not ours/yours. I found it quite refreshing to participate in a constructive collaborative series of beta posts that actually seemed to accomplish a little something useful to what beta threads are actually good for - and a break from what seems to be endless unbetarelated posts about "gratitude" or perceived (by some) lack there of.

Yes... And this thread is precisely where people should be talking about any issues they're having for that very purpose.
+1

Last edited:
Have to wonder what prompts this statement, and the suggestion peeps may have forgotten it's a beta - The many (but necessary # of) posts related to confirming that SIC issue / anomaly are exactly what would typically be expected in a beta testing environment conversation, and there was no suggestion in that interaction that anyone was overly concerned about priority or speed of resolution as we understand these things are Fractal's call to assess - not ours/yours. I found it quite refreshing to participate in a constructive collaborative series of beta posts that actually seemed to accomplish a little something useful to what beta threads are actually good for - and a break from what seems to be endless unbetarelated posts about "gratitude" or perceived (by some) lack there of.

+1
Agreed, and the more people that try different combinations,etc helps pinpoint where the issue is. There’s plenty of bugs reported that don’t seem to be repeatable (some are user error) so identifying the common ones helps prioritise the beta debugging.

This is such a great description!

Check out this video when you have time. I'm playing the red Strat. We just released this one a few days ago. Another guy wrote the guitar parts, but couldn't play for the live recording so my roll changed on this one from EG2 to all EG's haha. There are some parts that I wish were more prominent, but overall it turned out great. This is our worship team, and the whole thing was done in-house, writing, recording, production, etc... everything except mastering.

If this is too tangential for this thread, please delete it.

Awesome worship !! Great production, song and playing !! Praise God!!!

Awesome worship !! Great production, song and playing !! Praise God!!!

OUTSTANDING P& W boyce89976. !

May you remain focused..in His name!
Thank you! So glad you liked it! Really proud of our team. More to come... I think we did 10 or 11 songs that day. All of the songs are so good, it was exhausting but exhilarating too! And exciting to see it come to life!

It makes sense that Dynacabs will come to FM9
as for FM3 i have a sneaking suspicion that there will be a new Turbo model to accommodate a Dynacab type version
but this is only speculation on my part
That seems like a reasonable theory. Nothing wrong with making an FM3 T version. I'm looking forward to hearing Dynacabs on the FM9 T, so far they're sound fantastic from what I've heard.

Holy cow!

Here's my old Matchless preset with the old IR's:

Here's the same clip with the DynaCab IR's:

These DynaCab's are a game changer! Tried to match the overall frequency response of the old IR preset, and it took me about 20 mins to dial in 8 cabs with 3 different mics (that would have taken hours and hours of IR diving previously).

I'm hearing more clarity throughout the frequency range, more treble detail, and a touch more low-end. The old preset sounds a little "honky" to me now, haha.

It kinda sounds like the DynaCab version is in the same room and the old IR version is in the next room.

I'm gonna be that guy: I like your old IR more :p
The new one sounds ... "boxier"? Your old one sounds (imho) ... "balanced"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom