Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta #4 (Beta 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OKAY just tested this and I think I know what's going on. The impedance curve is changing for amp2 when changing cab1 of cab block2, but
the front panel is not changing that field, until I click away from the cab block in axe-edit.......then it changes.biggrin.gif

Nope....nada. Here the preset, maybe I'm missing something.
your scenes are all pointing to the same Cab2 Channel (A) - Set your scene2 Cab2 channel to "B" so that it's a different dynacab selection between scene 1 and 2 - then you will see the Amp2 IC values changing between scene 1 and 2

OKAY just tested this and I think I know what's going on. The impedance curve is changing for amp2 when changing cab1 of cab block2, but
the front panel is not changing that field, until I click away from the cab block in axe-edit.......then it changes.View attachment 121030
YES....AMP2 speaker display showing on FX3 front panel....change CAB 2 channel or selected speaker in slot 1....nothing. As soon as I click on AMP 2 in AXE Edit the IC parameters change.

BONUS....if I change CAB 2 channel with FC6 I see no change until I select AMP2 in AXE Edit. This stays the same if I quit AXE Edit.

Conclusion: It works but only if initiated with a select/reselect of AMP 2 block.

Last edited:
your scenes are all pointing to the same Cab2 Channel (A) - Set your scene2 Cab2 channel to "B" so that it's a different dynacab selection between scene 1 and 2 - then you will see the Amp2 IC values changing between scene 1 and 2
Nope....tried both ways. See above.

Nope....tried both ways. See above.
Try this preset (I just took yours and changed the Cab2 Channel to "B" in scene2).

Are you seeing the IC curve change in Amp2 when switching between scene 1 and 2?

Attachments

• Sprint Test.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
Only if I reselect Amp2 after changing.
hmm - interesting - don't need to reselect amp2 here - switching back and forth between scene 1 and 2 in that preset, while looking at the amp2 speaker page in AE, I see the curve changing with each scene 1>2 or 2>1 change.

Mac or Windows?

I assume you've confirmed your on AxeEdit 1.13? (shows in AE "Help" > "About")

hmm - interesting - don't need to reselect amp2 here - switching back and forth between scene 1 and 2 in that preset, while looking at the amp2 speaker page in AE, I see the curve changing with each scene 1>2 or 2>1 change.

Mac or Windows?

MacBook Pro running current versions of everything. Happens even if Mac is off, ie: FX3 running solo.

Mac or Windows?

Yes, the curve for amp2 is changing on scene change if a different cab is set on different scenes for cab block2, but just selecting different cabs and
watching the front panel, mine doesn't change until selecting amp block2 in edit, just like @ARF says. I'm on 1.13 and running Windows 11.

Yes, the curve for amp2 is changing on scene change if a different cab is set on different scenes for cab block2, but just selecting different cabs and
watching the front panel, mine doesn't change until selecting amp block2 in edit, just like @ARF says. I'm on 1.13 and running Windows 11.
For me it is same for both channel change or cab change in slot. Either way I need to select/reselect Amp 2 before the data populates the relevant fields in Amp 2. Until I do this I neither hear or see the changes.

Last edited:
For me it is same for both scene change or cab change in slot. Either way I need to select/reselect Amp 2 before the data populates the relevant fields in Amp 2. Until I do this I neither hear or see the changes.
when you say "reselect", I assume you mean you have to go in and re choose the Amp selection in amp2 (i.e recto or whatever) - I assume you don't mean just highlighting a different block to view as Mr Rock Chalk is referring to.

Last edited:
For me it is same for both scene change or cab change in slot. Either way I need to select/reselect Amp 2 before the data populates the relevant fields in Amp 2. Until I do this I neither hear or see the changes.
Interesting.......

In your global settings ("Setup" in AE), what do you have "Speaker Imp. Curve" set to under the "MODELLING" heading? Doesn't make a difference here regardless of setting - but I have it at "Default"

Last edited:
when you say "reselect", I assume you mean you have to go in and re choose the Amp selection in amp2 (i.e recto or whatever) - I assume you don't mean just highlighting a different block to view as Rock Chalk is referring to.
I mean clicking on Amp2 block….even if it is already selected/highlighted ( change Cab2 scene with FC6)

I mean clicking on Amp2 block….even if it is already selected/highlighted ( change Cab2 scene with FC6)
ahh - so you must be hearing the difference then between scene 1 and 2? - just not seeing it unless you re-click on the amp2 block in AE? (I thought you were saying you would not hear a difference or see it without rechoosing the amp selection in amp2)

ahh - so you must be hearing the difference then between scene 1 and 2? - just not seeing it unless you re-click on the amp2 block in AE? (I thought you were saying you would not hear a difference or see it without rechoosing the amp selection in amp2)
Not hearing or seeing change until AMP 2 is clicked on after CAB2 channel change. Global/Modeling/Imp Curve set to Default.

Last edited:
Done that....no difference.
Sorry man, I'm tapped on this one - Seems to have something to do with what Mr Rock Chalk noticed about having to re-click the amp to see it change on the FP. Anyway, I'm sure Fractal has followed this interaction and will likely take a look.

Sorry man, I'm tapped on this one - Seems to have something to do with what Mr Rock Chalk noticed about having to re-click the amp to see it change on the FP. Anyway, I'm sure Fractal has followed this interaction and will likely take a look.
Indeed...thanks for the help. I feel like we got closer to finding the source of the problem.

As you say, it will be up to Fractal to hunt down.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom