Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta #3 (Beta 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loving the Firmware update , not sure if everyone is seeing the same though as since the update I am seeing Clipping on the Input , It flashes up on the Unit Screen where the tuning arrows are , I have not changed any presets or guitar. Bug maybe ? or do I need to tweek anything since the update ?

Loving the Firmware update , not sure if everyone is seeing the same though as since the update I am seeing Clipping on the Input , It flashes up on the Unit Screen where the tuning arrows are , I have not changed any presets or guitar. Bug maybe ? or do I need to tweek anything since the update ?

Go to Setup > I/O and turn down Input 1 / Instrument until the warning doesn't appear anymore.

Go to Setup > I/O and turn down Input 1 / Instrument until the warning doesn't appear anymore.
Cheers Yek , I have done that I have had to turn it down a fair bit from default 50% I am down to 9% and the clipping stops . Seems like a bit of a drastic drop , I am using an RG550 with Bare Knuckle Steve Stevens Pick Ups in .

Hello
I updated the firmware as suggested, but I can't see the Dyna cab on the axe editor but I can see it in the AXE FX layout editor but somehow when I try to enter to the dyn-cab, the cabs don't work at all.
I refreshed after firmware as suggested, downloaded the latest bot and firmware and axe fx edit, but still I can't see the Dyna-cab on my axe edit.
any suggestion will help.
thanks in advance :) I know I'm a New Bee but I learn fast ;)

Cheers Yek , I have done that I have had to turn it down a fair bit from default 50% I am down to 9% and the clipping stops . Seems like a bit of a drastic drop , I am using an RG550 with Bare Knuckle Steve Stevens Pick Ups in .

This is a common experience for users starting with the first public beta of 22.00. There has been a ton of discussion as well as users' tests, but no official explanation of why the clip warning now occurs at such a low level compared to the directions in the manual (pg 5) that direct you to tickle the red, which was supposed to have left 6 dB of headroom.

The consensus, and the results of users' tests, is that the new warning is accurate. If you accept that, it means for sure the manual is wrong on this point, and that tickling the red had meant actual clipping all this time, not 6 dB-below-clipping.

Apparently you can hear the difference on very clean presets, but I haven't tried that myself. I just turned my input down to avoid the new warning. The manual also states on pg 5 that at the very lowest settings gain levels can be affected, but Cliff wrote recently there is no detrimental effect even if you go down to zero.

There is also a separate thread dedicated to this:
Thread 'Input Clipping Thread'
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/input-clipping-thread.193293/

Hiya David,
Find the “refresh after new firmware” option in the axe edit menus. I think it’s under “tools” but not sure as I ain’t with mine right now,
Thanks
Pauly

Hello
I updated the firmware as suggested, but I can't see the Dyna cab on the axe editor but I can see it in the AXE FX layout editor but somehow when I try to enter to the dyn-cab, the cabs don't work at all.
I refreshed after firmware as suggested, downloaded the latest bot and firmware and axe fx edit, but still I can't see the Dyna-cab on my axe edit.

Hello
Also - are you sure you've got the version of Axe-Edit which supports the Beta? That's not on the Fractal website, but is linked here

Does this mean that the final release of version 22.00 will not be released until all 36 dyna cabs are finished?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom