Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 12 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loaded up Austinbuddy’s Live Gold Budda preset today and did a soft reset and went “woah that’s different and louder”. Then noticed master volume was at 10 after the reset. Guess that’s where it should have been since I don’t think that’s a MV amp. Had to do some tweaking but got it back under control. Sounds great.

Can confirm it's not your ears, those two clips definitely sound different. Are you sure all the settings are the same? I noticed the speaker time constant got reset again maybe you changed that? (not sure that could make that much of a difference.) Quickly sitting down to redo my presets I also feel like something sounds different from the last beta.

I didn't make those clips - they were posted way back on page 4 of this thread by @CipherHost . That's when I noticed the difference, and decided to hold off installing the release candidate on my AFX until you lot had tested it all out. I'm still on Beta 11.

My hearing is buggered, particularly the high frequencies, but those two clips sound quite different to me. The first (Beta 11) clip sounds fabulous. The second (Beta 12/RC) clip sounds very dark, and is missing all of the top end somehow. Is that just my ears? If so - how can it be, as I can hear enough top end from the first clip, and as they play right after each other, it's a direct A/B comparison. Definitely missing the top end in the second clip.
I know Cliff has been on here saying that nothing has changed with the modeling, but to my ears, these two clips sound VERY different.
Is it possible that something got changed accidentally?
Maybe a wah block engaged?

My hearing is buggered, particularly the high frequencies, but those two clips sound quite different to me. The first (Beta 11) clip sounds fabulous. The second (Beta 12/RC) clip sounds very dark, and is missing all of the top end somehow. Is that just my ears? If so - how can it be, as I can hear enough top end from the first clip, and as they play right after each other, it's a direct A/B comparison. Definitely missing the top end in the second clip.
I know Cliff has been on here saying that nothing has changed with the modeling, but to my ears, these two clips sound VERY different.
Is it possible that something got changed accidentally?
The Buttery model was REPLACED by a Budda Twinmaster model. Totally different model.

The Buttery model was REPLACED by a Budda Twinmaster model. Totally different model.
The previous Buttery model was based on the Budda Superdrive, is that correct? I take it the Superdrive is more of a Plexi type of amp and the new Twinmaster is a Vox type of circuit with a couple of Budda specific twists?

@FractalAudio I think theres something wrong with the Dizzy V4 silver 2.
Channel 2 of the VH4 is supposed to be clean-ish and it actually was in previous firmwares, but in this one it has a lot of gain, comparable to ch.3.
So I watched a couple demo videos of the real amp and actually ch2 seems to have the same amount of gain as the model in this last beta. I guess there was something wrong previously then? Or maybe now it's modeled after a different sample of the amp?

Sup? :cool:

I know there was a post earlier,,but,, the Savage sounds about spot on to me. I owned that amp for years,,and actually sold it to buy my Ultra back in the day. I'm having a chug around on Severe 1 and it sounds great.

MOSHON
DAVE

Oh ... ok ... well, it sounds different to me. Probably just because of the amp block after it. Or my memory is off ...
Changing the amp that the pedal feeds into does a lot more than people naturally think it would. Years ago, I had an Epiphone Valve Jr, which is a simple, clean amp with just a single volume knob. I used an amp model on my Vox Tonelab for my dirt like a pedal into the front. I did a TON of mods to the Valve Jr. To my surprise, I heard more of a difference in my overdriven tone with the pedal than the base clean tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom