Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 12 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were no changes to the display code. Your preset is probably using a lot of cpu.

The JP2C only has a single gain control.
I know real jp2c has only 1 gain knob, but I thought that input gain is pre-set and we can vary the amount of overdrive with overdrive pot.. hmm, maybe I am wrong

Attachments

• 78DFB604-0AA4-4A23-AD6B-401CC88470F7.jpeg
    78DFB604-0AA4-4A23-AD6B-401CC88470F7.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 38
I know real jp2c has only 1 gain knob, but I thought that input gain is pre-set and we can vary the amount of overdrive with overdrive pot.. hmm, maybe I am wrong
It's just a naming thing for consistency. The average user doesn't understand the subtleties.

Oh ... ok ... well, it sounds different to me. Probably just because of the amp block after it. Or my memory is off ...

Cygnus definitely has a chunky low end, which is great, but the top end is sounding like there’s a low pass filter on it. I wanted to match my Marshall JCM Slash head and couldn’t find anything that had air on the top end. The reference amp had plenty of bite and sizzle, so I know it’s not a guitar issue. I re-downloaded and installed the firmware a second time with the same results. I’ll try @SeeD ‘s suggestion and see if Axe-Edit is doing something funny.

To me
Did something happen to the presence/top end in this firmware? I'm having a hard time getting sizzle and air from any amps. When I turn the presence up, the upper mids get more aggressive, but I can't seem to get that air back for some reason. I tried super fizzy amps like the Recto, Mark IV (with presence shift on), Angle Severe, Plexi, and several others that typically have more of that quality than I tend to like, but I couldn't get any amp to do it. Am I the only one feeling like things are on the darker side? Is there something I might be missing?
I have the same impression! Something is different in the frequencies compared to the previous firmware!

To me

I have the same impression! Something is different in the frequencies compared to the previous firmware!
Compared to which previous firmware? There were no changes to the algorithms between this firmware and the previous beta.

Been playing different amps for a while...I LOVE the way it sounds. Maybe the top end change is in the speaker dynamics or whatever - but it's for the better IMO. The midrange and kerrrrang in this one is just phenomenal. Don't know what it is, but it's better than before. I'm playing mostly the fender style amps - but holy shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom