Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 12 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.
The speaker compression is very subtle but I add it now . It makes the sound more dirty (lightly) .

I have some questions about the input eq :
Why some amps got no cut, or 50, or 300 etc in the amp block input eq ?
is it something set to match the amp?
is is just something done with cliff’s taste ?
I mean why they are not all at zero by default ?
Is this something done in the end of the modeling process ?
thank you

Fractal has confirmed many times in the past. The Input EQ section is the implementation of the input network on an amp. Almost ever amp has some sort of network of resistors/caps that do some basic filtering of the input signal before feeding it into the rest of the amp (often at least a cap acting as a HighPass to filter excessive low end from the input). Rather than implementing a single, fixed input network for each amp the inputEQ part of the model was created so so it could be set to match the input network of amps, but could also be tweaked by users to anything they wanted.

Yek - I think the instructions for the Axe-Fx III hard reset should be slightly modified for clarity - see what you think.

The wiki shows:
  • Axe-Fx III — Press LAYOUT, select the Amp block, press the RESET soft knob
But perhaps this is more clear:
  • Axe-Fx III — Press the LAYOUT soft knob, select the Amp block, press EDIT, press the RESET soft knob

Thanks for all the wiki work!

Done.

Good lord this sounds great. What guitar are you using?
Sup? :)
Thanks :) Same axe from the Recto thread. My Custom Doberman Warrior. Maple/Mahogany body, maple neck, Flat no radius( like a classical) scalloped Ebony fret board, BKP Painkiller P'up.
Doberman-WAR-136.JPG
DS-WAR-081.JPG
DS-WAR-083.JPG
so are we back to the “tone is in the hands” discussion?

what kind of wasp was that? Do you prefer the sting to be near the thumb or closer to pinky? Jk... hope the swelling is better. Great tone. Can’t wait for fm3 to be Cygnusfyied
LOl. Thanks.. Red Wasp,,Actually stung my in the wrist behind the bone near the thumb,, 0-stars Would not recommend,, swelling starting to go down,, can see my Knuckles again :)

Newbie here! In the editor I can only find ‘reset channel’ instead of ‘reset block’. Am I supposed to choose reset channel?

Yek, I also have a Mesa preset with custom eq and speaker adjustments. It seems to me that if I DON'T RESET the amp block, I can hear the new Cygnus algorithm - it sounds super great, better than 15.01 and all my eq and speaker adjustments are in place. So, isn't this also an option for those that don't want to lose their eq and speaker adjustments, just don't reset, or am I missing out on a lot of other things by not resetting?

V1 are the brightest ones. V2 darker. V3 even darker.

If you use v2 or v3, make sure to boost the treble or presence and set another amp block with v1 version and compare for yourself.

you will hear that the high end is totally different in v2,v3 and by adjusting the hi end, you can make them to have different character, which is not the same thing as if u just use v1 and lower the treble/presence.

edit : one could say that v2, v3 are more in realms of bogners.
Perfect, thank you! Exactly what I was looking for :)

Unrelated, but I just ordered a purple Strandberg Boden Original 8. I am SO EXCITED.

Yek, I also have a Mesa preset with custom eq and speaker adjustments. It seems to me that if I DON'T RESET the amp block, I can hear the new Cygnus algorithm - it sounds super great, better than 15.01 and all my eq and speaker adjustments are in place. So, isn't this also an option for those that don't want to lose their eq and speaker adjustments, just don't reset, or am I missing out on a lot of other things by not resetting?

FAS hasn't instructed or adviced to reset amp models. If it sounds good, all is well.

Resetting is an option if you want to start fresh and want to make sure that all params are set to correct values.

@FractalAudio I think theres something wrong with the Dizzy V4 silver 2.
Channel 2 of the VH4 is supposed to be clean-ish and it actually was in previous firmwares, but in this one it has a lot of gain, comparable to ch.3.

FAS hasn't instructed or adviced to reset amp models. If it sounds good, all is well.

Resetting is an option if you want to start fresh and want to make sure that all params are set to correct values.
Though if I’d want to reset the amp block, it is done by ‘reset channel’ in the editor? The wiki refers to reset amp block, which I can’t find anywhere.. I know, I’m a noob. Happy to read everything, but I just can’t find it.

Though if I’d want to reset the amp block, it is done by ‘reset channel’ in the editor? The wiki refers to reset amp block, which I can’t find anywhere.. I know, I’m a noob. Happy to read everything, but I just can’t find it.

Yes, that's "Reset Channel".

And changed in the wiki.

Last edited:
Did something happen to the presence/top end in this firmware? I'm having a hard time getting sizzle and air from any amps. When I turn the presence up, the upper mids get more aggressive, but I can't seem to get that air back for some reason. I tried super fizzy amps like the Recto, Mark IV (with presence shift on), Angle Severe, Plexi, and several others that typically have more of that quality than I tend to like, but I couldn't get any amp to do it. Am I the only one feeling like things are on the darker side? Is there something I might be missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom