Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 10 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes... I was waiting for the inevitable "can we please get back to talking about the beta" comments, but by 600-ish posts I think there's not much more to say until the next release ;)

It sounds fantastic!
Hey all...
So we're back talking about the beta.

Last wednesday I was rehearsing with my band. I had the 50W Plexi model doing it's wonderful thing. In a short break I hit a chord really hard and thought: there's an overtone really prominent here... does that really sound, as it should?!?
I asked the other guitar player, to hit the same chord hard. When he did that - he's playing a Plexi, by the way - the same overtone started to bloom.

I almost could not believe my ears.
I'm r e a l l y happy and excited to be on the FAS train and am stunned by the accuracy of the code, cliff chase has brought to life in our black box.

D.

they have always sounded thin and shrill to me, and have become usable now
I'm glad they're usable for you now! It's funny how differently we can perceive things- they've always been kind of the opposite for me- I was originally drawn to the Tucana as a way to fatten up my rather thin sounding Strat- dial in some mids, a little more master, and it became a much better guitar. I have a real life Tucana, and it's a pretty wicked amp. They are very flexible and responsive to their tone controls- I have no doubt it could be dialed in thin and bright, but it has much more body to it than the other Fenders that I've owned. Again, I'm glad you find them more to your tastes now!

Yes... I was waiting for the inevitable "can we please get back to talking about the beta" comments, but by 600-ish posts I think there's not much more to say until the next release ;)

It sounds fantastic!
And there it is ;)
Tech people should move this conversation to the lounge, geez.
I tried... More than once...
Anyway... Back to the awesome Cygnus thread ;)
Sorry for the derail.

But honestly, how many more "it sounds amazing" and "when is the final release coming?" posts do we need? The latter of which by the way is what led to the whole tech tangent anyway.

It is interesting though that probably the most nit picky and critical person of other’s perceived mistakes or infractions is the one who should know best to take this to the lounge.
You seem to like to make these kinds of comments that are directed towards me in many threads.

I'm not sure what your beef is, but you do know there's an Ignore function, right?

Just got back from the warehouse to blast my presets through the big Martin Rig.

The FAS Clean is stellar- so is the 800Mod, 1987x, Plexi 50W Normal, Princeton, AC30TB.

I'd reserved a whole day for getting about 40 amps tweaked but only took an hour in the end. The Legacy 34 and 35 cab blocks work really well with everything. I've hardly touched anything on the amp block just the speaker impedence curve and only adjusting the high and low cuts, in the cab block

That FAS Clean though .... wow !

Edit : I mean the FAS Class A not the FAS Clean

Last edited:
Just got back from the warehouse to blast my presets through the big Martin Rig.

The FAS Clean is stellar- so is the 800Mod, 1987x, Plexi 50W Normal, Princeton, AC30TB.

I'd reserved a whole day for getting about 40 amps tweaked but only took an hour in the end. The Legacy 34 and 35 cab blocks work really well with everything. I've hardly touched anything on the amp block just the speaker impedence curve and only adjusting the high and low cuts, in the cab block

That FAS Clean though .... wow !
Wait... FAS Clean? Did we get a new model that I missed? Maybe you're meaning FAS Class-A? It's the only "clean" one I can think of in the FAS models...

If it's new I need to give it a whirl!

You seem to like to make these kinds of comments that are directed towards me in many threads.

I'm not sure what your beef is, but you do know there's an Ignore function, right?
Don’t want to derail the thread so I responded to you privately.

Reactions: jon
Hey, guys, I apologize if this has been answered in earlier cyguns betas; just thought more about this, but do you need to reset the amps to take full advantage of the updated changes of cygnus? If so, how do you do that? Do you just select a different amp, and then select the amp you originally used? Does that keep the amp settings intact? I’m currently on beta 4. I appreciate it 🙏🏻

Last wednesday I was rehearsing with my band. I had the 50W Plexi model doing it's wonderful thing. In a short break I hit a chord really hard and thought: there's an overtone really prominent here... does that really sound, as it should?!?
I asked the other guitar player, to hit the same chord hard. When he did that - he's playing a Plexi, by the way - the same overtone started to bloom.

I almost could not believe my ears.
Cliff wrote about that in one of his comments, that it was the ghost notes and bloom and artifacts that are the things that were missing and created the realism.

I remember finding the ghost notes annoying in my AX8, thinking they weren’t really there in my tube amps. The problem was, I listened to the AX8 with headphones and could hear everything clearly, and heard my tube amps in a loud band situation that drowned them out, so my understanding and comprehension were wrong. I sold the AX8 as a result, bounced around some different equipment, then realized my tubes did it too, slapped myself, and jumped back into Fractal gear with both feet.

I’ve never liked the sound of distortion pedals because they don’t have those nuances, I like cranking the tubes and transformer and pushing the speaker until it can’t keep up and they all distort and that changes as the note decays. Fractal models them all and that’s why they sound so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom