Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 10 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just went through the Matchless DC30 Ch 2 and the Chieftain 2. Totally dying over the richness of the tones. My God. It's like the DC30 is dripping in saturation in the sweetest way. I found a similar character in Carol Ann before also, and something similarly special but differently voiced in the Dirty Shirley (2 in 15.01), but tonight at least, the Chieftain 2 takes the cake. I Arredondoed the DC30 and added Neutral input boost, and that was just thick and juicy, then I went to that Chieftain 2, and the articulation was just out of this world. Man, what a revelation. @FractalAudio Thanks so much for making all of our playing lives so much richer.

"fits"? It fits fine. The presets will probably need to be tweaked because of changes to the amp models in Cygnus. You can do it yourself or wait until they're updated by Austin Buddy which probably will start once the firmware is released.
thx , i wasn't shure :)

Been struggling to get the Herbie to sound as "liquid" as I'm used to. Any tips for coaxing liquidity out of it?

(Also the mid cut functionality doesn't seem quite as extreme as the real thing? Could be fletcher-munson or something though of course.)

.......so the Chieftain got snuck in there during this beeta period without my noticing til now, huh? ..........
WOW
sounds frakkin amazing...curious as to it’s provenance.....Sampson era perhaps...?

i've digged the recto: it sound amazing!
but i've a big clip issue when i switch from ch1 orange to ch2 orange (with two separated amp block)
here joined the audio clip to listen it and the preset to test it.
you can reproduce it by switching from scene 1 to 3 when you play.

Attachments

• MESA RECTIFIER 100W.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
but i've a big clip issue when i switch from ch1 orange to ch2 orange (with two separated amp block)
you can reproduce it by switchng from scene 1 to 3 when you play.

Just like my real one, but my real Triple Rec one only does it once :)

Yes most of boogies does this the first time you change channel after power them up . I use to change channel with the bypass on in the amp before playing, to not have this “klong”. But ...

Yes most of boogies does this the first time you change channel after power them up . I use to change channel with the bypass on in the amp before playing, to not have this “klong”. But ...
Yes, that was a joke. I always change the channel on the amp after I power it up.

Just like my real one, but my real Triple Rec one only does it once :)
i think the issue come from the switch between the two amp 1/2 blocks between scene 1 to 3. (i've made some additionals tests with the recto channels in the same amp block and it's working fine)
Maybe it can be easily solved by adding a few m.second soft mute delay when a amp block is newly engaged by a scene because i want to use more than 4 amp block channels in my preset.
BTW, it may be interesting to implement it in a general way.
Cliff if you can hear us and find it relevant, thank you in advance.

Last edited:
you can reproduce it by switching from scene 1 to 3 when you play.

This usually means your bypass modes are wrong or you've got the amps in series instead of parallel.

Tone is awesome though.

[EDIT - NVM, someone beat me to it.]

When using 1 amp block and the 4 channels, is it globally better to put the bypass mode in “mute” mode for each amps ? I am doing some tests and I don’t notice a difference (about less gap or whatever)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom