Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 10 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else having issues saving blocks/channels?

Last night I was making a Mesa preset. Put a MKIV amp and a Framus/Recto Cab in Scene 1/Channel A. I saved the cab as a block as I wanted to use those two speakers elsewhere. I switched to Scene 3/Channel B and when I went to load the saved cab block, it would not load the one I saved, just kept the same cabs that were already in Channel B. I manually selected the cabs I wanted and went to load a IIC+ amp into Scene 3/Channel B, but it loaded it into both Channel A and Channel B, removing the MKIV I put in earlier.

At that point, I gave up as it was getting late and I spent about an hour tweaking that MKIV only to have all the settings wiped out (When it loaded the MKIV in Channel A, it went all back to stock settings).

I dunno if it was just late and I was doing something wrong, but I don’t recall any shenanigans like that happening previously.
The block library loads the entire block which means all channels as they were saved. If you save a block while on Channel A, then change to Channel B and load the block, you are still loading the entire block, so Channel A would go to Channel A.

It is not a “channel library” so that’s why Channel B didn’t change.

Saved to what folder, and populate to what? Details help us help you.

The computer couldn't find an owning application because you haven't told it what application opens .syx files. Windows, MacOS and Linux rely on associating file extensions with their application. It's up to you to make that association when the computer can't figure it out.
Look man I have no problems getting around my system that’s why I said I had a work around Running MAC OS 10.11 saved to my Block and Cab folders. Prior to beta 10 I had no issues recalling a saved block. Only noticed this last night as I was prepping new presets for a Gig. I didn’t really think anything of it. And I don’t find this issue the end of the world for me.

I have. Saved to folder but it wouldn’t automatically populate. Comp gave a message that I didn’t have a program to open the file.work around was just copy and paste the block into the new preset.
What does “automatically populate” mean?

I just wanted to jump in and hopes to clarify...
I think he is saying that he is putting blocks in the blocks folder, but they’re not appearing when he clicks on the corresponding drop down in axe edit. Like when you go to compressor page and then click the drop down and you see all the compressors you have saved in the past. The files might be going into the wrong directory or something like that...
Hope I’m understanding right.

My Setup ist a normal Mesa 20/20 and an Engl 4x12 cab with V30.
I have tryed to reset Amp-Block and also global settings.
Also recreate preset new from scratch.
My issue is that i have very little low end in the cygnus.
In 15.1 the low end is much more and sounds amplike.
Also in the dynamics page i´m missing dynamic Precense and deph.
That´s the only thing i´m missing in Cygnus.
The amp´s in Cygnuns sound much better bit i miss the low end and have to tweak a lot to become it a little bit back.

Anyone have the same experience?

Sorry for my english.

I have a ToneKing Imperial Mk II and a Mesa Lonestar Special as my "real" amps, and for bang for the buck and flexibility and portability and robustness, I hate to say it, but I think you've got them beat.

My Boogie Lonestar was the last "real" amp that I owned. It was the best tube amp I had ever encountered.

The amp´s in Cygnuns sound much better bit i miss the low end and have to tweak a lot to become it a little bit back.

Sorry for my english.
We can't easily diagnose the problem from a description. It'd help a lot if you gave us the preset you're working with. What beta version are you using? Did you upgrade Axe-Edit to the most recent version used with the beta?

It helps when you prepare to ask a question like this if you imagine someone wrote your question on some paper and handed it to you and walked away. Could you answer the question based on what they, or you, gave us? If not, what else would you need to know? We need that same sort of information.

Reactions: jon

Sorry for my english.
Deine Englisch ist besser als mein Deutsch. :)

The new firmware and modeling may change quite a bit from your earlier sound if you were using the Dynamic Presence and Depth that were removed in Cygnus.

I, also, have noticed some change in preset tones in the limited time I have been able to spend with Cygnus, but the feel and punch are much improved. My Mesa Mk IIC+ and MkIV sounds all seem to want a less bassy speaker, and sounds great with the MS12 150W Black Shadow IR I have from years ago.

I am certain that you will be able to make some adjustments and get the low end where you want it again.

Sorry for my english.
I guess you are from Germany, too as you call yourself "leise" 😉 I am often excusing for my english, too in this forum but hey: it is good that the wonderful stuff from Fractal Audio is connecting the whole world of guitarists 🙂

Ich habe mal bewusst letztes Jahr mein Review vom Fractal Audio FM 3 auf deutsch gehalten und jemand war gleich so nett, es durch Google Translate zu jagen 😉

Beste Grüße und bleib gesund 🙂

Maik

Sorry for my english.
Dynamic presence and depth have been removed due to the new algorithm used in Cygnus. Cliff stated it in the Tech Notes, maybe this helps:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/cygnus-tech-notes.170264/

Deine Englisch ist besser als mein Deutsch. :)

The new firmware and modeling may change quite a bit from your earlier sound if you were using the Dynamic Presence and Depth that were removed in Cygnus.

I, also, have noticed some change in preset tones in the limited time I have been able to spend with Cygnus, but the feel and punch are much improved. My Mesa Mk IIC+ and MkIV sounds all seem to want a less bassy speaker, and sounds great with the MS12 150W Black Shadow IR I have from years ago.

I am certain that you will be able to make some adjustments and get the low end where you want it again.
I love the black shadow speaker of my Mesa Boogie Studio 22 plus combo from the eighties. Where did you get that specific IR? 🤩

We can't easily diagnose the problem from a description. It'd help a lot if you gave us the preset you're working with. What beta version are you using? Did you upgrade Axe-Edit to the most recent version used with the beta?

It helps when you prepare to ask a question like this if you imagine someone wrote your question on some paper and handed it to you and walked away. Could you answer the question based on what they, or you, gave us? If not, what else would you need to know? We need that same sort of information.
I´m Running beta 10 but noticed "my problem" since the beta 5 because i get my 3 two weeks ago :)
Before i had 2 xl+ for 3 years ,i only saying this becaus i`m not new to the hole thing :)
Axe edit is 1.08.11
My guitar is a Strandber OS 7 wirh fishman abasi set.
I go back to 15.1 and forward to Beta several times because in the beta i love the sound off the distortion/overdrive,it sounds awesome
but i miss the low end.
When i´m dayling in my sounds and do a new preset at knight i use headphones and also miss a litle bit ,bt not so much.
Ir´s im using are from Valhallir.at the VH-MB-1992V30-d-D202-A1 and V2-MB1992-d-D202-A1 because this mix sounds for me
close to my real cab and i can dail in my tone quiet"Leise" and chek it the next day and tweak it a litle bit till it sound good for me.

Here are my 3 presets that i´m using.very simple i guess...:)
The JPIIC Y is very strange setting in the speker site because i get the lowend back....
Hope someone can help me because i don´t want to do all this tricks to get my loving sound :)

Und ja ich bin aus deutschland :)

I also liek that Fractal connects us all over the world :)

I

Attachments

• 5153 Blue 15.1.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 5153 Blue Cygnus.syx
  • JP IIC Y Cygnus.syx
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom