Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 10 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to echo the praise that the Matchless Chieftain has been getting. I typically spend a lot of time with the Peavey, Mark, and Freidman models, but the Chieftain kept me locked in for hours today with my Cutlass. I have a Valentine on the way and I can't wait to try that combo. Speaking of Friedman amps, the BE V1 was really working for me today. I was enjoying it more than the HBE models.

Had a couple guitar players running sound this morning at church. No exaggeration, they were geeking out big time at the tones they were hearing through FOH. In three services I’d bet they said something like “your tone is so massive” at least 20 times. The keys player said he had my channels louder than his own in his monitor mix, haha!

The Cygnus effect is real, and not just to us AxeIII players! Great job, Cliff and team!

I have to echo the praise that the Matchless Chieftain has been getting. I typically spend a lot of time with the Peavey, Mark, and Freidman models, but the Chieftain kept me locked in for hours today with my Cutlass. I have a Valentine on the way and I can't wait to try that combo. Speaking of Friedman amps, the BE V1 was really working for me today. I was enjoying it more than the HBE models.
It sounds just as sharp as the real thing 👍

Had a couple guitar players running sound this morning at church. No exaggeration, they were geeking out big time at the tones they were hearing through FOH. In three services I’d bet they said something like “your tone is so massive” at least 20 times. The keys player said he had my channels louder than his own in his monitor mix, haha!

The Cygnus effect is real, and not just to us AxeIII players! Great job, Cliff and team!
Gigging with beta firmware. Living dangerously.

Same here DC30 is insane! My Starplayer’s middle position seemed muddy and I didn’t find any use for it, since this update that tone is rich, smooth and my god the clarity between the amp and effects it’s like a whole new experience playing that guitar. Didn’t have to tweak anything just coupled it with Factory1 cab # 234 & 235YA 1x12’s.

The Matchless offerings from FAS are juicy. I've been loving them recently. They really blossomed to my ears with 15.01.

Factory cabs are good, but I also highly recommend York Audio's MTCH212 cab pack. It was worth every penny.
It has some beautiful IRs, great mixes. Really opens up the DC30 and Chieftain models. Made them even better.

The Matchless offerings from FAS are juicy. I've been loving them recently. They really blossomed to my ears with 15.01.

Factory cabs are good, but I also highly recommend York Audio's MTCH212 cab pack. It was worth every penny.
It has some beautiful IRs, great mixes. Really opens up the DC30 and Chieftain models. Made them even better.
That and YA's Bogner v30 kill with DC30, Ruby Rocket, Morgan and AC30. I don't care for the Chieftain's extremely bright and difficult to dial out harsh highs but the DC30 is astonishing.

I think there were Black Shadow IR’s available from Amp Factory as well if they are still around.

Brave! I did the same thing. #don'tfearthebeta!

I think there were Black Shadow IR’s available from Amp Factory as well if they are still around.
This is what their page says:
Trying to recreate the sound of:

TheAmpFactory “The Cab Legends” WAV-HD Irs​

Over 700 carefully captured IRs in glorious detail, these are the famous cabs the internet is talking about. BACK once again, including the legendary Floyds DG cab "Wem Starfinder" (StarClassic) - All the cabs in…

700+ IR’s in WAV format, 9 mic placements available, Room mics, rear mics, Mixed IR’s and unmixed. – from early age era (60’s) to modern day, these cabs should for-fill plenty of life cycle and inject your tone with whatever your looking for, simply choose from a ready made preset IR, or create your own tone.
  • 9 Top end mics used,
  • Neve 1073/GreatRiver MP2 Mic Pre’s
  • Manley Massive Passive Tube EQ for Filtering
  • Lots of Mic positions, From Center to edge and everything in-between
  • Every Cab has its own set of Room Mics + Amb Mics (rear cab)
  • Lots of ready made Preset IR’s that are Mixed ready to go.
  • Simply Choose your own mics and use as you wish..
  • There are no rules!
Cabs included: 1×12 Blackshadow*, 1×12 RockDriverCream*, 1×12 Vintage Marshall*(G12M), 2×10 Fender* (Jenson), 2×12 Artisan* (GH12), 2×12 OrangeJimRoot* (V30), 2×12 Vox (Blues), 4×12 Hiwatt (Fane), 4×12 Marshall* (G12T), 4×12 Marshall Basketweave*(Pre-Rola G12), 4×12 Orange Matamp* (CV30), 4×12 Wem Starfinder* (Custom Fane)
It doesn't specify which Black Shadow. It does include the 4x12 WEM Starfinder, however, which might be a bit of fun....

That and YA's Bogner v30 kill with DC30, Ruby Rocket, Morgan and AC30. I don't care for the Chieftain's extremely bright and difficult to dial out harsh highs but the DC30 is astonishing.
I agree the Chieftan is bright. I set the hi cut in the cab preamp to 8710Hz 6 db & the hi cut in cab1 to 9983Hz 18db on the legacy 30 cab. Tames it pretty well though I'm not playing at gig volumes.

Gigging with beta firmware. Living dangerously.
Still on #9, so I've had a few days with it (actually tracked a song with #9 earlier this week). I don't worry too much about betas... they've all been stable for me thanks to you guys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom