Axe-Fx II Technical Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must be really out of touch...is USB3 even available mainstream?

Lol. I'm a computer programmer / data analyst for a living and a recording engineer for 20 years now and this thread is the first time I even heard of USB 3.0! I had to google it to see if that was a joke or a real question. Apparently some 3.0 devices have been made in the past three or so months? So don't worry, you're not the only one who's behind the curve there. ;)

Don't MIDI CC's either act as binary on/off or a discreet "continuous" value from 0-127? So you'd want the tempo to be sent out of the AxeFx II with a range from 0-127 bpm? I like to write songs with tempos of 200+. What would I do? Excuse me if I'm misunderstanding how MIDI CC's work, this MIDI stuff is all really new to me at this point.

Lol. I'm a computer programmer / data analyst for a living and a recording engineer for 20 years now and this thread is the first time I even heard of USB 3.0! I had to google it to see if that was a joke or a real question. Apparently some 3.0 devices have been made in the past three or so months? So don't worry, you're not the only one who's behind the curve there. ;)

Yeah, I was like..."what? when did THAT come out???" LOL

ie USB3: There was a comedian I heard a long time ago talking about how the Japanese have already invented all this technology and they just trickle it out to us a few items at a time so they can make all kinds of money off of us..."ooh look USB3, you need this!" meanwhile they've already invented USB 12 or something and it's just sitting on a shelf in the "SONY" building waiting for them to unleash it...can anyone say 8 Track - cassette - CD - Minidisc - ipod -etc.

LOL

Can we use now the Floorboard Line6 or Digitech Control 2 with the AXE II using the RJ45 cable ?
Are they gonna work ?

Last edited:
A lot of the mainstream Samsung external drives are already USB 3 by the way.

Can we use now the Floorboard Line6 or Digitech Control 2 with the AXE II using CAT 5 connectors ?
"Proprietary" system said Cliff, so probably not. [aka NO!, I'm guessing ;) ]

Last edited:
Q1-Cliff, I use my VG99 for COSM guitars in duo with my Ultra. I can't use it via S/P-Dif because of the different clocks in both devices. Do you think you could add more clock definitions options for S/P-Dif I/O?

Q2-On Axe-MkI, EDIT button is flipping to the next block on the matrix on each pressure. Do you implement a "SHIT+EDIT" function that could permit counterclockwise flipping? This could be faster to accede to desire block without necessity of going to LAYOUT button.

The factory IRs were simply ported from the Axe-Fx. Then we added a whole bunch of IRs from Redwirez and Ownhammer. The room modeling is algorithmic and can be applied to any IR.

You now get 50 user slots for you to put your favorites from Redwirez or Ownhammer or whoever else you want.
Haven't seen how many sotck IR is on MKII. Can tell about it?

Delay - digital mono, digital stereo, analog mono, analog stereo,mono tape, stereo tape, ping-pong, dual, reverse, sweep, ducking, vintage digital, 2290 w/ mod, ambient stereo
Hoh... Does it mean we lose the ducking parameters for other types?

:(
Due to CPU power in the II, I was hoping that Cliff added a second one (pair of Feedback/Return blocks).
I regularly made some patch on my Ultra that is burning all the CPU usage. Having always the same matrix with 12x4 blocks seats mean we probably need to get back to the left of a third lane to made complex patches as ones I talked about.
A second pair of Feedback/Return is necessary for sure.

Yes, there is a learn function now.
NIIIICE!!! Thank you for that!

All the effects from the Ultra are there plus some new ones.
Can you please give some details about which ones?

12 external controllers now.
Yeah! Cool news.
Can we attach directly MIDI CCs to any parameters?

I'm sure i remember cliff or one of the moderators here mentioning in the past that making the cab samples any larger than 1024 would make very little difference at all to the sound?

That's incorrect; the point was made many times that the 1024 sample size was sufficient to translate the cabinet but NOT the room.

I must be really out of touch...is USB3 even available mainstream?
I've used USB 3.0 since the summer of last year when I built my computer. Although I thought it was pretty well known by now, most people respond with the same answer wezx haha.

All the WD HD's I own feature it, and seeing as how it transfers up to a possible 4.8gbs/s (as opposed to 2.0's 480mbs/s) and it's backwards compatible, it's depressing that more people aren't aware of it!

I've used USB 3.0 since the summer of last year when I built my computer. Although I thought it was pretty well known by now, most people respond with the same answer wezx haha.

All the WD HD's I own feature it, and seeing as how it transfers up to a possible 4.8gbs/s (as opposed to 2.0's 480mbs/s) and it's backwards compatible, it's depressing that more people aren't aware of it!

Depressing but 100%reality here in Europe

Roland

Blame Intel slow pedalling... iirc their motherboard chipsets won't have native support until 2012.

Partly, I imagine, because they want to promote Lightpeak, or whatever it's called this month.

I'm sure i remember cliff or one of the moderators here mentioning in the past that making the cab samples any larger than 1024 would make very little difference at all to the sound?

Well it certainly will for bass sounds and obviously it did some for guitar or he wouldn't have done it. It was Jay who stated that. He also stated it WOULD make a notable difference for bass guitars. I assume that would extend is very low tuned guitars as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom