Axe-Fx II Technical Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or a guitar with a pickup just for the two low strings and a separate output, but I don't know if they make stuff like that.

Jens

Or a guitar with a pickup just for the two low strings and a separate output, but I don't know if they make stuff like that.

Jens

They do. The guitarist from the band Local H has been doing exactly that for about 20 years now. Separate pickup for bass strings, separate output, octave pedal, separate amp. Since the early 90's. :)

Edit to add : that's not a production model, this is the sorta thing that you just do yourself or pay a tech to do it for you if you don't know how to wire a guitar.

Is there a way to set it up so that the XLR outs on the back have the cab/mic sims active, but the speaker outs have the mic/cab sims disabled (say for example if you are running through a power amp into a mesa stack or something)? That way at a live show you could have the mic/cab sim going direct to board but then your speaker cabs are not using the sim.

Is there a way to set it up so that the XLR outs on the back have the cab/mic sims active, but the speaker outs have the mic/cab sims disabled (say for example if you are running through a power amp into a mesa stack or something)? That way at a live show you could have the mic/cab sim going direct to board but then your speaker cabs are not using the sim.

You can do that with Output 2

Big question: does the AxeFXII cabinet use the same screws as the previous models? I have 97 left out of the bag of 100 I bought for my Ultra. :D

hi , are the 2048 ir block stereo or can a cab block be "stereo" like it was in ultra , and in this case will it be two 1024 ir ? what percent use a 2048 block ? thanks

hi , are the 2048 ir block stereo or can a cab block be "stereo" like it was in ultra , and in this case will it be two 1024 ir ? what percent use a 2048 block ? thanks

1024 in stereo.

I don't follow on the percentage. They are all 2048 and then truncated to 1024 if used in stereo mode.

I can't be bothered to read the 77 pages so :

-Can the axe be somehow played by 2 guitars at the same time?
-And if yes is it possible to play 2 different patches (one for each guitar)?

thanks

Quick Control Knobs with amp block

Although I've been a very pleased owner of an AxeFx Standard for 3 years I've never used the midi control functions. Since the AxeFx II has programable quick control knobs I wondering if they can be used to change the tone and drive settings in the amp block?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Wait, you lose out on any post-cabinet effects through one of the outputs, right?

Or are you saying it can process the entire signal chain twice (one with cabs, one without) and each result to a different output?

You would need to put in 2 separate effects chains (at least where you split the cab out). A lot of times you can place the effects before the cab (unless the are not linear time invarient - drives, compressors, amps, and such) and it won't matter. Otherwise you would need to recreate the post cab effects and route to output 2.

Most network patch cables are made from solid core copper twisted pairs. They bend, but don't roll up nicely or lay flat on the floor, and those plastic ends can snap if you step on them. Nothing like guitar or mic cables.

uhh... no. Only the ones that someone made by hand with the wrong kind of wire because they were too cheap to pay $1-$2 for premade patch cables with stranded wire.

Can you put Linux on it? Even if I have to erase all the amps and fx, I want to try Linux.

(had to use my 1 silly...been reading through this for hours and only half way through...almost bitched about all the digression, but enjoying the thread and community).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom