Axe Fx II Shipping Date....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your interest in the Axe 2. Our initial allotment of 25 Axe Fx 2's sold out really quickly.

Fractal expects to have 150 Units the end of next week. 25 go to us. about the same amounts to Europe and Japan. Leaving about 75 Units for Fractal of which several are spoken for, for artists.

mehh ??? 25 units for europe ? 25 for USA , 25 for japan ? lol in europe there are maybe 600 guys that are before me in the waiting list , does this mean i will have axe fx in 2 years ? lol
if what tone merchants says is true ...meh.if cliff/someone from fractal audio company can speak about it and tell if the 6/8 weeks told by g66 will still be 6/8 week, i would appreciate, and i think i'm not alone !

(source : Rig-Talk • View topic - Fractal Audio Axe Fx II Pre Order List - IN HERE)

Last edited:
There is no way. Cliff stated that there will be plenty of units, I just hope he is right.

he states that there will be plenty..did he states WHEN ? lol

Almost everything they have said about Fractal has been incorrect so I wouldn't stress out about it... yet.

you're maybe right but a word from fractal audio company about this would be welcome

BTW : i'm sure cliff consider me as an "artist" and will sell me 1 of the 75 units he will keep (looool)

Just for the record this was his original message on May 25:

We are hoping to have units ready to ship by June 6th. The chassis are way behind schedule. The motherboards are finished and waiting for the chassis.

I was reluctant to respond because people have a way of twisting whatever I say so I will state this "There will be NO guarantees of ANY sort as to availability".

Geez i hope that's not true, but i am afraid it might be as that's pretty much how things have played out in the past, small production runs, long wait lists etc etc.

Why does every FAS item show to be unavailable in the yahoo store? Has it been that way for a while now?

Until a week ago (more or less) there were MFC101 available in the store but Std/Ultra been out of stock some time. They had some B-stock before I believe.
AXE-FX II appeared a few weeks ago and not (of course) available (yet)

Sounds about right to me.

G66 were quoting 8-12 weeks from the "official release date" until stock would be available for those wanting to go on the list - thats late July, early August. from what I gather, they were expecting a small delivery in June, all of which were already allocated to people already on the list for Standards/Ultras. No-one new was going to get one of those small first batches.

As long as there is a bigger batch available towards the end of July, then im happy. its the timeframe I was quoted when I went on the list.

I wouldn't be happy about it. When the US starts getting close to defaulting on its debt, things are going to get real ugly. The value of the dollar is going to drop oversees which means higher component costs since a great deal of the chips are manufactured in Asia. Also, material costs for those components manufactured in the USA are going to up as well. You can't find rare earths used in the manufacture of quality semiconductors everywhere you know. So, the price of the Axe may go up quite a bit over the summer, unless FAS as a good stock pile.

Cliff gave us a "tentative" date of 6-6-11. He was clear that date had potential to move.

Since 6-6 is here now, maybe he can give us a new target date, even if it is just a tentative one.

I appreciated that estimated date as I am sure many others did.

Just because there seems to be some "where is my AxeFX II 'cause it's June 6" sentiments, here is the original quote:

Units are expected to start shipping the week of June 6th.

Please note the use of the word 'expected' instead of 'will' and keep in mind that there were mentions of chassis supply delays at the time (which would be out of his hands). So let's not try and make this into an official hard date. ;)

Cliff gave us a "tentative" date of 6-6-11. He was clear that date had potential to move.

Since 6-6 is here now, maybe he can give us a new target date, even if it is just a tentative one.

did he ever say "6-6-2011" or just June 6th ;-) haha, surprise, he meant June 6th 2012!! too bad you all sold your Ultra's for the 2......oh....wait...i sold my Ultra for the 2...doh! haha

The tentative date was not June 6, it was the week of June 6.

did he ever say "6-6-2011" or just June 6th ;-) haha, surprise, he meant June 6th 2012!! too bad you all sold your Ultra's for the 2......oh....wait...i sold my Ultra for the 2...doh! haha

Haha, Thanks for the Ultra! Things awesome! will still get the II... but maybe a year from now?

I'm hoping for end of week. Either way guys we're closer then we were yesterday. Thk God i didn't miss the leasson on patience because some of these posts are ridiculous alrdy.....

This is directly off of the Yahoo Store page:

NOTE: The Axe-Fx II is currently not available. We expect units to be available for purchase around June 6th. Please refrain from contacting us before that time.

This is directly off of the Yahoo Store page:

NOTE: The Axe-Fx II is currently not available. We expect units to be available for purchase around June 6th. Please refrain from contacting us before that time.

See bold/emphasized text.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom