Axe Fx II Shipping Date....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I can not bring myself to post this on my own board,"

I am glad you like that.

I pm'd you, but in the event it goes unnoticed, here is what I said:

The post I posted was a joke. If you highlight the post you will see that I put "Not true, just pulling your chain" in white text, which one user had caught. I have since deleted the post because, as you have witnessed firsthand, it has caused unnecessary confusion.

Be thankful you're not trying to deal with the Aus supplier who at this point won't even divulge a price.

That said, Andrew seems a great guy and I'm sure he has his reasons.

Cheers.

The post I posted was a joke. If you highlight the post you will see that I put "Not true, just pulling your chain" in white text, which one user had caught. I have since deleted the post because, as you have witnessed firsthand, it has caused unnecessary confusion.

very funny.

"I also wonder how many of the "impatient" posters here will be "first wave" orderers."

Maybe that's why there impatient ...
- Even people who can afford it may needs to make plans to be in the first wave.
- We are sitting on over $2-3K. Some people can buy it in the first wave if it was in the middle of the month, only (when you don't need to pay rent, morgage, etc).
- Many has family and the pressure is on why not to spend it over a family vacation (clue: summer).
- Yes, few days could make a difference, when we are talking about that much money.

I am pretty sure there are many stories beside these, which could be easily helped with official updates. (I only knew about 6th from here when someone said: FAS already made a post about it. Which is rumor, not an update until I get the info officially)

I am happy that you don;t have problem holding on $2-3K.

If 2,000 spent on a guitar processor is going to ruin your family vacation, keep you from paying the mortgage, or keep you from putting food on the table then maybe you need to rethink your priorities in life. It's a tool. A great one at that but not a necessity.

Ignore the whiners Cliff. Run your company the way you want to - you don't owe anybody any information about release dates. The updates you've given us have been informative and timely, and it's a shame that some here can't understand that sometimes, the best laid schemes often go awry.

I have a feeling that there are vastly more people (like myself) on here that are waiting patiently and being quiet while you do your work
+1

If 2,000 spent on a guitar processor is going to ruin your family vacation, keep you from paying the mortgage, or keep you from putting food on the table then maybe you need to rethink your priorities in life. It's a tool. A great one at that but not a necessity.

Vacation!!?? Sit all the family down and take them on a musical journey with the new AxeII :) LOL

I don't have this problem, but some may do. There was a time, when that was the case and I even had little money and playing guitar was very important, so I would still manage to buy what I felt important.

Necessity is a personal thing. Everybody has his reason which may have nothing to do with your view. Customers are not only established businessmen.

Vacation!!?? Sit all the family down and take them on a musical journey with the new AxeII :) LOL

I was talking about planning. If it took another month (as mister joker said) some people could use that money now and still have the money when it comes out.

Very open minded.

Some people make a living or part thereof from such tools

Be thankful you're not trying to deal with the Aus supplier who at this point won't even divulge a price.

That said, Andrew seems a great guy and I'm sure he has his reasons.

Cheers.

Yeah he's a super nice guy, and i am guessing he hasn't given any info because he's not being given any info to pass on.

Some people make a living or part thereof from such tools

Get real. If someone is in the business, several weeks of delays are not going to make or break them. It's not like thay haven't been working prior to the new tools debut. Regardless, if said person is so strapped for cash that the purchase is going to impact his families way of life by actually paying the mortgage or not (as was suggested) then they need to reevaluate their priorities IMO.

I go to the NAMM show in LA every January. Many of the new products that are shown there have not shipped by June of the same year.
Quite a few of them don't ship by the time of the next NAMM show a year later.
A few of them never ship.
If Fractal can ship the AxeFX II two months after its announced, he will beat most product announcements by Roland, Korg, Marshall, Yamaha, Ibanez, Abelton, Digidesign, Mackie, Peavey etc, etc.

Has the Kemper profiling amp shipped yet? ;-)

Leave Cliff alone. He's got better things to do.

And, I recall signing up for an email list on the day of announcement - which is supposed to notify me when this is available.

Dave

Get real. If someone is in the business, several weeks of delays are not going to make or break them. It's not like thay haven't been working prior to the new tools debut. Regardless, if said person is so strapped for cash that the purchase is going to impact his families way of life by actually paying the mortgage or not (as was suggested) then they need to reevaluate their priorities IMO.

Chill out,

the original poster was talking about timing and juggling finances which certainly applies to most muso's that i know, not about the delays or making or breaking anything.
Your comment was that it's not a necessity my reply was that some people make a living with these tools therefore it is pretty much a necessity.
The initial impact of the cost can be negative but it's a double edge sword (you gotta spend money to make money).
The good thing about the axefx is that it allows lots of struggling muso's to sell off their other gear (once they have said axe-fx, they can't be without amps whilst waiting though) and actually make money out of the deal.

Last edited:
I can't recall anybody complaining about the delay lately, so stop complaining about complaining about delay.
Only argument was about the flow of information, NOT the delay.

Chill out,

the original poster was talking about timing and juggling finances which certainly applies to most muso's that i know, not about the delays or making or breaking anything.
Your comment was that it's not a necessity my reply was that some people make a living with these tools therefore it is pretty much a necessity.
The initial impact of the cost can be negative but it's a double edge sword (you gotta spend money to make money).
The good thing about the axefx is that it allows lots of struggling muso's to sell off their other gear (once they have said axe-fx, they can't be without amps whilst waiting though) and actually make money out of the deal.

Ohhh I am perfectly chilled and calm as a cucumber. I am not here anxiously waiting to spend my mortgage payment. I am just patiently waiting and have been perfectly content with Cliff's around the 6th and subsequent "a couple days more" announcements. And I stand by my comment. It is not a necessity. Is everyone waiting for the II out of work because of its unavailability? You guys make mountains out of moehills. My point was that if the cost of a piece of equiptment is going to strap you to such a degree, maybe you should be reevaluating. Certainly, you could be out drumming up business or working to save up some more cash rather than spending time here complaining about something that has been addressed several times, no? Just my two cents.

Ohhh I am perfectly chilled and calm as a cucumber. I am not here anxiously waiting to spend my mortgage payment. I am just patiently waiting and have been perfectly content with Cliff's around the 6th and subsequent "a couple days more" announcements. And I stand by my comment. It is not a necessity. Is everyone waiting for the II out of work because of its unavailability? You guys make mountains out of moehills. My point was that if the cost of a piece of equiptment is going to strap you to such a degree, maybe you should be reevaluating. Certainly, you could be out drumming up business or working to save up some more cash rather than spending time here complaining about something that has been addressed several times, no? Just my two cents.

From what i have seen your the one making a mountain out of a molehill, and complaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom