Axe Fx II Shipping Date....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody from FAS technically owes us anything as far as an update is concerned. This is a matter of common courtesy, not a requirement.

However, It is quite obvious that we have a fairly large group of devoted loyal users who for the most part are worried to leave their computers for fear that this unit run will sell out the minute we leave.

Cliff, Team FAS, we truly do understand and respect the fact that there is a lot of variables here. I think for the most part, we are all mature understanding people here. If things need to change, so be it. This is life. Would you please let us know if we should be waiting for this, or should we get back to our lives and return to this party at another time? Respectfully, Kerry L

Nobody from FAS technically owes us anything as far as an update is concerned. This is a matter of common courtesy, not a requirement.

However, It is quite obvious that we have a fairly large group of devoted loyal users who for the most part are worried to leave their computers for fear that this unit run will sell out the minute we leave.

Cliff, Team FAS, we truly do understand and respect the fact that there is a lot of variables here. I think for the most part, we are all mature understanding people here. If things need to change, so be it. This is life. Would you please let us know if we should be waiting for this, or should we get back to our lives and return to this party at another time? Respectfully, Kerry L

Nicely put.

+1

I completely agree. I know that the whole iPad 2 release and subsequent chaos due to lack of stock visibility created a bad taste in Mac enthusiasts' mouth and I would hate to see that happen to FAS, since this company is really amazing at PR.

hm? FAS at PR? how so? At the products, yes, but PR?

I used to get up 4 am to check stock (because of the lack of information from FAS). I don't care anymore. I just feel that, it doesn't matter what I do, it will sell out before I can get one, no matter what I do.
So I just chill. It kind of took the excitement too.

Last edited:
I sold my Ultra some time ago.... After getting tired of waiting, I decided I liked my Fender Deluxe over all the models in the AXE and invested my $2K into an Eventide Timefactor and Modfactor and a pedaltrain pro. Added a Mojo Hand Colossus and a couple of expression pedals, and pocketed the remaining grand. Happy camper!

This, please!

hm? FAS at PR? how so? At the products, yes, but PR?

Well, for starters, what other company's President regularly goes into a forum with his customer base and genuinely interacts with them, asks them to throw out Tech Questions, future product improvement requests and spends 3 years to give us what we have collectively been asking for. This is to me the definition of PR. They may not be like Line 6 pumping out $200-$300 boxes of junk components to the kids for Christmas and Birthdays etc.. by use of slick advertising, but they have nailed PR to the serious and professional musician. I am sure there is a credible reason for these delays, and that they are to benefit the overall quality of our investment.
Show some respect please.

Well, for starters, what other company's President regularly goes into a forum with his customer base and genuinely interacts with them, asks them to throw out Tech Questions, future product improvement requests and spends 3 years to give us what we have collectively been asking for. This is to me the definition of PR. They may not be like Line 6 pumping out $200-$300 boxes of junk components to the kids for Christmas and Birthdays etc.. by use of slick advertising, but they have nailed PR to the serious and professional musician. I am sure there is a credible reason for these delays, and that they are to benefit the overall quality of our investment.

Once again....nicely put!

On this anniversary of D-Day, let's try to show a little gratitude, instead of whining about a release date. It gets here when it does.
There are folks in uniform that are going thru much worse right now than what is happening on here. So stow it.

""None came out unscathed. Many gave their lives, many their health, and some their sanity. All who survived will long remember the horror they would rather forget. But they suffered and they did their duty so a sheltered homeland can enjoy the peace that was purchased at such a high cost"

E.B. Sledge
"With the Old Breed"

Well, for starters, what other company's President regularly goes into a forum with his customer base and genuinely interacts with them, asks them to throw out Tech Questions, future product improvement requests and spends 3 years to give us what we have collectively been asking for.
Sterling Ball (Big Poppa) from Ernie Ball/Musicman is incredibly active on the forums, but I will tell you this; he would never put up with some of the BS that Cliff and FAS get from some of the folks here. If you are tired of checking the store for availabilty, then stop doing it, this is America, no one is forcing you to do it, just like no one is forcing you to spend money on the AXE II, it's your choice...God Bless America, Cliff Chase and Sterling Ball!

ThreadDirection.jpg

I sold my Ultra some time ago.... After getting tired of waiting, I decided I liked my Fender Deluxe over all the models in the AXE and invested my $2K into an Eventide Timefactor and Modfactor and a pedaltrain pro. Added a Mojo Hand Colossus and a couple of expression pedals, and pocketed the remaining grand. Happy camper!
Hey man, to each his own. Good items there, I have owned both EV boxes and especially loved the TF box. FYI Digitech has a little 3 buttom switch box (EV support tech recommended to me) DigiTech FS3X 3 Button JamMan Expander Footswitch at AmericanMusical.com that can add serious control to those EV boxes. Highly recommend, have fun, you just gave one more guy a shot at an AXE-II. Peace!

PR here means Personal Relations (to the forum) IMHO

Sterling Ball (Big Poppa) from Ernie Ball/Musicman is incredibly active on the forums, but I will tell you this; he would never put up with some of the BS that Cliff and FAS get from some of the folks here. If you are tired of checking the store for availabilty, then stop doing it, this is America, no one is forcing you to do it, just like no one is forcing you to spend money on the AXE II, it's your choice...God Bless America, Cliff Chase and Sterling Ball!

Not here it isn't ;)

Okay

<Moderator hat off...>

Has anyone considered that there might be legitimate business reasons for not providing updates (blow by blow, most recent information, etc?) FAS' competitors have clearly sat up and taken notice of this venture, and I'm sure decided that Fractal will not go away.

That being said, some big players have a vested interest in what FAS does, and will position themselves to be competitive; possibly in some very ugly (but legal) ways. Working to constrain supply by various means, launching competing products a day or 2 before, etc.

Outside of some bent noses (on those who feel entitled to know every wrinkle in this saga,) it can't hurt to be secretive...but it CAN damage if the whole story is broadcast on this (suddenly very visible and popular) forum.

IMO.

<Moderator hat back on>

Ron

Okay

<Moderator hat off...>

Has anyone considered that there might be legitimate business reasons for not providing updates (blow by blow, most recent information, etc?) FAS' competitors have clearly sat up and taken notice of this venture, and I'm sure decided that Fractal will not go away.

That being said, some big players have a vested interest in what FAS does, and will position themselves to be competitive; possibly in some very ugly (but legal) ways. Working to constrain supply by various means, launching competing products a day or 2 before, etc.

Outside of some bent noses (on those who feel entitled to know every wrinkle in this saga,) it can't hurt to be secretive...but it CAN damage if the whole story is broadcast on this (suddenly very visible and popular) forum.

IMO.

<Moderator hat back on>

Ron

To dove tale what Ron is saying.... What Music Gear company on the web has a forum as cool as this one! Party on Wayne!

Agreed. Same at the Peavey forum, though I don't know if Mr. Peavey posts much. Still, they don't take kindly to Peavey-is-not-awesome talk. Same at Line 6 forum.

ThreadDirection.jpg

Considering the original post was a route to a dead end, I welcome the detour. :D

Okay

<Moderator hat off...>

IMO.

<Moderator hat back on>

Ron

^^What he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom