Axe Fx II Shipping Date....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an aside.. I just watched an EBay auction end for a Standard in Canada.. sold for $1800 USD. Hmm...

I've been sticking pretty close to this since the beginning of the countdown (and fortunately I didn't catch an Ultra in stock during that time) and honestly I'm to the point of not really caring too much anymore. I'm sure it's a fine unit but if the first run isn't sufficient to cover the bulk of the current demand and I miss out, oh well. I'm pretty happy with my Triaxis/G-Force rig, of course I've never had a Fractal unit yet like some of you so I don't know what I may be missing if anything. Life's too short to stress over something like this that much. So here's to all (or most) of us being happy sometime this next week or so.

NOTE: The Axe-Fx II is currently not available. We expect units to be available for purchase around June 6th. Please refrain from contacting us before that time.

From the shop !

Roland

NOTE: The Axe-Fx II is currently not available. We expect units to be available for purchase around June 6th. Please refrain from contacting us before that time.

From the shop !

Roland

Looks like the blurb on the Yahoo store has been updated:

The Axe-Fx II Effects Processor is not currently available. Please contact us for availability of this item.

There's no update necessary.

1. It's still June 6th.
2. June 6th was never a definite date
3. Don't you have better things to do?

In the mean time, I will keep checking the store as I have been. All the while, I'm doing some much needed cleaning in my studio.

1. True.
2. I realize that. I guess I just figure that since we are now in the projected week, they would have a lot better idea of when they would be ready.
3. I wish I did.

Reactions: dsl

The Axe-Fx II Effects Processor is not currently available. Please contact us for availability of this item.

Hey Scotty, the "blurb" is a page before the one you are looking at, under the photo of the AXE-II

Okay

<Moderator hat off...>

Has anyone considered that there might be legitimate business reasons for not providing updates (blow by blow, most recent information, etc?) FAS' competitors have clearly sat up and taken notice of this venture, and I'm sure decided that Fractal will not go away.

That being said, some big players have a vested interest in what FAS does, and will position themselves to be competitive; possibly in some very ugly (but legal) ways. Working to constrain supply by various means, launching competing products a day or 2 before, etc.

Outside of some bent noses (on those who feel entitled to know every wrinkle in this saga,) it can't hurt to be secretive...but it CAN damage if the whole story is broadcast on this (suddenly very visible and popular) forum.

IMO.

<Moderator hat back on>

Ron

Nahhhh. The Axe FX is a totally different market really than the Line 6 stuff and Digidesign or any other modeler/fx unit price wise. Only you can decide if the price premium correlates with a difference in quality. I was pretty happy with my Ultra-but I like the Line 6 PODXt and Podfarm for some things also.
Curiously- did not like the HD500 for some reason.

FA makes great products. They remind me of smaller boutique high end audio manufacturing companies that do not have a lot of resources to handle the non-Mfr stuff.
Like I said- I am a hack so no big deal. I can wait.

Hope it all works out for everyone.

I think that I understand all to clearly now why he didn't put a definite date out. :razz You guys are absolutely obsessed here.

But this thread is starting to get really redundant. He gave an approximate date of 'the week of June 6th' which last time I checked JUST started today. He's got another 6 days to put them up there before anyone has even the slightest cause to complain.

He's going to be selling these things for the next few years so it's not like it's a one and done type deal. I'm feeling a lot better about picking something to use in the interim right now, but I do miss my Ultra. The wait will just make the arrival day even more special. :)

That's after you click "Add to Cart." It still says "around June 6th" on the product page.

I think that I understand all to clearly now why he didn't put a definite date out. :razz You guys are absolutely obsessed here.

True and what better problem could Cliff and the FAS team EVER wish for. None... These are the "problems" in business you dream about.

1.) Release news of upcoming product.
2.) Let the excitement build to a frenzy while you get things in order and ready to meet the market demand.
3.) Sell a ton of product.

Not a bad place to be Cliff. It has to be an incredibly good and gratifying feeling you have of the response to your work.:D

What if every time someone clicks the add to cart button they push back the release 10 minutes, with everyone on here it might never get released!

You would soooooo get fired. Fractal Audio, like any other business, exists by selling their product.

"NOTE: The Axe-Fx II is currently not available. We expect units to be available for purchase around June 6th. Please refrain from contacting us before that time."

So we start calling them tomorrow :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom