Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 9.00 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this time I'll be able to put the changes I hear into sentences: What I hear is a more controlled sound, not boomy or spiky, but still reaining the body and the brightness. The upper freqs aren't fizzy, but furry (in a good meaning, it sounds more natural now, tube amps definitely have that) IMO, if it means anything.

I was using speaker drive to control these lows/highs (it was set to 0.5), now I'm using spk. comp. on 5 instead. Even more controlled, but sill tight.

This time, even I will be able to get good tones IMO :)

I said this with 8.02, but I was happy before this update. No need for more.

Then you go and do this, and it's better, and I'm baffled.

Cliff I don't understand how you make the response spongier, without losing (hell, even strengthening) the percussive attack. It's bizarre because I've always felt a good tone was a balance of those two things, usually with a sacrifice. This update seems to have added both.

Cool, dude.

Cliff, please don't delete Motor Drive from the Cab Block!!!!!!!!!!! I use both Outputs of the Axe FX as intended, Output 1 to FOH Mixer, and Output 2 to my Power Amp and Speaker Cab on stage. I don't particularly use the Motor rive in the Amp Block, but do so in the Cab Block. Thanx, Flav!

Just want a conclusive answer on whether speaker comp is required, when using a solid state amp (matrix GT1000FX) and a real cab, for authenticity, or does it happen naturally?
Thanks.
It is required when using a SS amp, the SS amp does not have a transformer to interact with the speaker, this models it. its only not needed if using a tube power amp.

It is required when using a SS amp, the SS amp does not have a transformer to interact with the speaker, this models it. its only not needed if using a tube power amp.

Only half of it is for a solid state amp. The motor drive half already happens naturally, and to be frank it doesn't sound great combining it with a real cab. The transformer grind part does sound good though I think used with a real cab and solid state power amp.

It wouldn't be hard except we'd need six models, one for each position of the rotary switch.

I only ever went between 2 settings on the rotary switch with my dc-30 clone. It was either 3, 4 or 5 I think. The two extreme settings weren't very usable for me. I'd be happy with only the middle 3 or 4 settings personally. Don't know what others think. But I would also love the EF86 channel to be modelled. I still miss my DC-30 at times, and the normal channel just doesn't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom