Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 8.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be cool to have more effects. I mean there's a whole DSP dedicated to them too, and there's still so many pedals out there that do some pretty hard to reconstruct sounds that I'd love to be able to have at my fingertips. It can't be fair to say "yeah, well many pedals just throw together several effects into one circuit and you can recreate them with several blocks" as I've heard some say.

Sometimes it feels like Cliff's key to customer loyalty besides rapid update releases is just making amps a bit bassy on one update and
then making them a bit more trebly on the next, so people will keep on marveling at the changes from the previous
update, perhaps made manifest by whatever tweaks they have to make to their presets. "Oh this one brightens up the mud, oh, this one sounds so much fuller and not tinny". Or "Cliff made a parameter I never thought about more accurate, he's so on it, it's so much better". Heresy, you say? It might be.
Then again, this is still my favorite piece of kit, so, love the update.

Last edited:
It would be cool to have more effects. I mean there's a whole DSP dedicated to them too, and there's still so many pedals out there that do some pretty hard to reconstruct sounds that I'd love to be able to have.

Sometimes it feels like Cliff's key to customer loyalty besides rapid updates is just making amps a bit bassy on one update and
then making them a bit more trebly on the next, so people will keep on marveling at the changes from the previous
update, perhaps made manifest by whatever tweaks they have to make to their presets. Heresy, you say? It might be.

I bet you are a lot of fun at parties.

I
Sometimes it feels like Cliff's key to customer loyalty besides rapid updates is just making amps a bit bassy on one update and
update, perhaps made manifest by whatever tweaks they have to make to their presets. Heresy, you say? It might be.

It's a little "tin foil hat" DreDawg. Might make sense if FAS charged for FW updates, but...

Regardless, I'll look to try this out later, but I'm so pleased with what I have in 7.2, this may be the 1st time in recorded history that I won't upgrade.

Oh, who the hell am I kidding. Off to my little black box.

Not sure but I think it's not necessary anymore...maybe some resident experts can chime in on this!
If an amp reset is recommended, it'll say so in the release notes.

Remember that resetting the amp doesn't change the modeling. It just changes the Amp parameters to the new default values.

I am trying to go back to 7.02 to compare presets vs 8.00 and I noticed once I save a preset in 8.00 you can no longer see it in 7.02. Not a big deal I can revert to a save.

Loaded for rehearsal tomorrow night. It sounded great for the little bit I've played it tonight. Tomorrow it gets the full pull with the band.

I just did a direct comparison between Q8.00 Beta and Q7.02 release. I used the latest factory Plexi Normal preset for both boxes.

Q8 has clearly improved string-to-string definition on six-note chords. Not any brighter, but more crisp and more detailed. If you run presets with a pushed power amp, you're going to like this.

Houston, we have texture. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom