Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 8.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds to me like you accidentally turned power amp modeling off in your Global settings.
I had some clipping as well. I just turned the level down. Loving the feel and tone of this one.

MARKII unit by the way, if it matters.

As I posted earlier, I'd say 75% of my patches clip horribly in fw8 as they did in 7.01, 7.02 was fine, go figure, I'll wait for the final release to see if its any better

I can´t hear and see any change of volume/Levels after updating to Q 8 Beta..?? Everything fine here.

Been through every single amp channel model, and overall everything in Q8 sounds amazing here!

The modern high-gain stuff has never sounded better to me on my Atomic CLR FRFRs. Getting the gain, compression, sustain-y singing and squealing feedback a real amp does!

In a studio "blind" A/B test, I'm pretty sure people could not tell the difference...and if they had to pick, I bet in most cases they would pick the model over the real amp as sounding better!

As to possible issues/bugs, here is what I came across going through all of them...The Swart and Gibson Scout amp models, along with the early Tweed Princeton, Tweed Champ and Tweed Deluxe, have that issue in common I believe and Cliff is aware as he posted above, so a fix should be coming.

I noticed the Cameron CCV is defaulting on master volume to 5, but it sounds better set at 7 -- check that out. Also hearing some pronounced crossover distortion just on the Cameron CCV 1B amp channel model (similar to Tweed/Scout issue), but I don't own this amp/never played real one, so maybe "that's just how it sounds."

Had to reset only a other amp few blocks: the Matchless Chieftain, the Trainwreck Express, and Komet, and noticed a change in sound when I did, BUT that may be a legacy issue from my prior amp bank that needed an amp reset/update anyway.

All in all, totally digging this firmware Q8! Hard to keep up, but Cliff's constant chasing of perfection makes us all ultimate winners in his achieving success!

Nope, still on, the only change is to the FW version, this happened before and was fixed in FW 7.02, very odd indeed
I'm assuming you've eliminated the common offenders when it comes to clipping. By noting that it is fixed by re-installing a prior Firmware, I'd say you've obviously eliminated everything but the Axe FX....(and I/O settings apparently). But it sure is odd that this isn't being reported by many others, and I love a good mystery. Be sure and post if you've figured it out.

Been through every single amp channel model, and overall everything in Q8 sounds amazing here!

The modern high-gain stuff has never sounded better to me on my Atomic CLR FRFRs. Getting the gain, compression, sustain-y singing and squealing feedback a real amp does!

In a studio "blind" A/B test, I'm pretty sure people could not tell the difference...and if they had to pick, I bet in most cases they would pick the model over the real amp as sounding better!

As to possible issues/bugs, here is what I came across going through all of them...The Swart and Gibson Scout amp models, along with the early Tweed Princeton, Tweed Champ and Tweed Deluxe, have that issue in common I believe and Cliff is aware as he posted above, so a fix should be coming.

I noticed the Cameron CCV is defaulting on master volume to 5, but it sounds better set at 7 -- check that out. Also hearing some pronounced crossover distortion just on the Cameron CCV 1B amp channel model (similar to Tweed/Scout issue), but I don't own this amp/never played real one, so maybe "that's just how it sounds."

Had to reset only a other amp few blocks: the Matchless Chieftain, the Trainwreck Express, and Komet, and noticed a change in sound when I did, BUT that may be a legacy issue from my prior amp bank that needed an amp reset/update anyway.

All in all, totally digging this firmware Q8! Hard to keep up, but Cliff's constant chasing of perfection makes us all ultimate winners in his achieving success!

Well whatever is wrong with the swart, i hope it gets fixed soon, and while you're at it.. throw in another swart model or three ;) The band TAUK got me into swart amps big time, the dudes lead guitar tone is SO smooth and just perfect.. hard to explain. check em out.
and The Clean channel of the FUCHS ODS! That IS the Jake Cinninger of Umphrey's Mcgee tone, and I yearn for it. His dirty is an oldfield modded marshall plexi.. but we have plenty of those to choose from, so I'm not too worried about that.

I had an Orange RV-50 patch I'd been toying with that I'd put aside for a month or so because it wasn't coming together quite right. Picked it up last night and hot damn if it wasn't tickling my fancy all of a sudden. Hard to say conclusively if it was the firmware update or just absence making my heart grow oranger, but still cool to have it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom