Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 8.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Improved amp modeling. Improves clarity and sounds more “open” especially for non-MV amp models or when the MV is turned up.

The bias excursion values for most amp models have been updated based on new measurement techniques. Existing presets will automatically be updated to the new values.

Based on user feedback the Amp block Speaker Drive now defaults to zero.

Cab block Delay parameters now have 0.001 ms resolution.

Fixed “quantization” noise when Amp block Transformer Drive parameter is set to its minimum value and a lot of gain is applied after the block. This specifically addresses the “Tube Pre” model as the default Transformer Drive is at the minimum.

Fixed Amp block Preamp Hardness parameter not “sticking”.

Fixed incorrect Modifier mapping in Advanced page of Amp block.

Last edited by a moderator:
The gift that keeps on giving. Even on a Sunday afternoon.

Amazing. Thanks Cliff!!

Fun!

The added resolution in the Cab block Delay parameter is a welcome improvement. At the old resolution, there was a significant difference between settings.

I notice a difference using one of the dual rectifier models. Hitting a power interval on the A and D string (C and G notes), and then hitting the open E string allows the E to shine through more clearly than it did before.

The chugga chugga stuff on Recto2 Red Modern is just stupid good. I can't stop playing it. It got better by reselecting the amp, but I'm not sure if that was because of something get set back that I had tweaked, or some new setting. Who cares. It rocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom