Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.02 Public Beta

I'm loving the new Motor Drive. Among other tricks, it can turn a growl into a roar.

It has a surprisingly long release time, though. I would've thought the speaker would come out of compression as soon as the signal falls off.

AC30, Hot Cat and DC-30. Oddly enough (maybe not) that they are all Class A amps. The Hot Cat is still acting up. It works for about 15 minutes and then starts to squeal. I hate Class A amps. They run too hot and eat tubes. They sound great right before they die though.
I just love the fact that even the amps you hate will still sound amazing through the Axe-Fx!
That's just pure work dedication for you! :D

having the Motor Drive bounce up with harder playing and soften down with quieter playing, a la what a real amps does, would be perfect.
should be doing exactly that as it is right now. it's a compressor and compressors are volume dependent which means it acts less on lower incoming levels than higher levels. unless you drive it constantly super hot with a very low threshold, it should still be dynamic...

AC30, Hot Cat and DC-30. Oddly enough (maybe not) that they are all Class A amps. The Hot Cat is still acting up. It works for about 15 minutes and then starts to squeal. I hate Class A amps. They run too hot and eat tubes. They sound great right before they die though.

What does it mean they had to be fixed to be modeled??

So reloaded the beta FW cause all of a sudden the GR meter didn't react any longer. And some more thoughts.
The difference of motor drive with user cabs vs factory cabs is way more than I'd expect. With user cabs like the TAF stuff or Celestion, and the Scholz CabLab stuff I have a huge useable range with loaded down heads. With factory cabs I have to dial it way down.
With amp sims it seems to react super drastic to speaker resonance settings. Fair enough.

And lastly I don't get why the release of the gain reduction is as slow as it is. It seems a speaker would recover faster?

Ahh, another perfect opportunity for the digital realm to surpass what's possible in the "real"world. BWAHAHAHAHA!

The only thing I imagine being more useful would be some means of separating these parameters out from blocks entirely (don't ask me how...), so that they can have envelopes attached, or at least side-chain based on signal... having the Motor Drive bounce up with harder playing and soften down with quieter playing, a la what a real amps does, would be perfect.

A separate dynamics parameter linked to motor drive may do it? Maybe not possible in the Cab block. Or CC may be one way.....

The new motor drive is excellent. However, depending on the amp's level its result can vary a lot, and can produce pumping compression/limiting if the amp's level is too high.
Maybe moving it in the amp before the level could allow easier setting ?

The new motor drive is excellent. However, depending on the amp's level its result can vary a lot, and can produce pumping compression/limiting if the amp's level is too high.
Maybe moving it in the amp before the level could allow easier setting ?
Then those who want to use real cabs need to remember to turn it off, which is easy to forget.

Or not... as usual if they use their ears they'll turn it off if it's better off...
And if it defaults to 0 no problem ;)
But that's another "gotcha" parameter to know about. It makes sense to turn off the Cab block for anything cab sim related, not having to remember that and a few other parameters in the Amp. It's like having to know to turn off Sag when you've already turned off global Power Amp sim.

But that's another "gotcha" parameter to know about. It makes sense to turn off the Cab block for anything cab sim related, not having to remember that and a few other parameters in the Amp.
Yes but then you face the level problem exposed earlier...

Back
Top Bottom