Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.02 Public Beta

Forgive my ignorance. Would the V30 70W in a Mesa Standard OS be on the British or American side of the speaker recommendations? I love where it's at but I'd like to make sure I'm in the ballpark as far as gain reduction.

Love the new motor drive algorithm.
set on 6.5-7.0, very realistic sound and cab feeling on my ir.
I seem to like motor drive value at different levels depending on the amp and amp settings(motor drive @ 0.0- 9.0). Although, I did a quick decision on these values as I have 50+ presets and am re-tweeking other perameters as they were set to simulate what the new motor drive does. It's possible I will refine those values when I have more time. Loving the motor drive though!

Forgive my ignorance. Would the V30 70W in a Mesa Standard OS be on the British or American side of the speaker recommendations? I love where it's at but I'd like to make sure I'm in the ballpark as far as gain reduction.
V30s are made by Celestion, a British company. But as has been said over and over, use your ears :)

I believe the new motor drive added a big piece of the "in the room" sound that modelers are usually missing. Still haven't recorded anything to see how it translates there though.

Yeah I think so what Cliff is modelling
Now on some of the new algorithms
Is the non linear behaviours that IMO
Is the hardest thing about capture tube amp is that things are always changing impedance etc these characteristics are the things that make tubes amp breathe and feel like they are alive

out of interest, what value did you end up setting the motor drive to?

I just set Motor drive to around 7 I think. Didn't seem critical at all. I tweaked it a little while watching the gain reduction and I think I was seeing 4-6db when I hit it hard.

I love it. I said firmware somethin' in the past was it, ...can't get any better. Well I was wrong, this FW is way better. I've played lots of tube amps that are not near as good as this.

AC30, Hot Cat and DC-30. Oddly enough (maybe not) that they are all Class A amps. The Hot Cat is still acting up. It works for about 15 minutes and then starts to squeal. I hate Class A amps. They run too hot and eat tubes. They sound great right before they die though.

That's what's so great about your digital counterparts, all the goodness without the slow death!!!

Back
Top Bottom